First I want to say that you macros really impressed me. Hard work must be done to have all this math in action.
I would like to suggest some improvements to increase usability:
- Contour and pattern settings must persist between runs of macros.
- It would be nice if we can run pattern generator with selected pattern an change its settings.
- Buttons to load/save/reset contour and pattern settings.
For example, I've created pattern, close dialog and after inspecting realized that it was created with straight line segments (default) instead of smooth curves. I've encountered this problem several times during my experiments and have to recreate pattern from scratch.
Suggestions about functionality:
- Frequency setting for contour and pattern can have fractional part. Is's best to separate fraction in two additional fields so we can specify 1/3 or 5/7. To properly construct such pattern several turn around contour will be needed (3 and 7 in this example). Using this feature we can draw complex single line contour like in attachment (I've applied fill on the right part).
- Ability to produce sin/cos Fourier coefficients for functions with loops. This will require separate DFTs for X and Y components.
Suggestions for future versions:
- Guilloche fill (grid) for any closed area.
- Guilloche fill distortion with halftone images or 3D surface.
- Stroke width modulation.