OberonPlace.com Forums

OberonPlace.com Forums (http://forum.oberonplace.com/index.php)
-   Feature requests/wishlist (http://forum.oberonplace.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Oberon Thumbnailer - Image positioning (http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthread.php?t=6905)

gorgo 01-04-2010 23:58

I'll give it a go tomorrow on this macro and let you know what happens. Thanks much.

-Greg

gorgo 30-05-2010 23:16

1 Attachment(s)
Hey! I just can’t seem to work this out with the THUMBNAILER macro you helped me with a while back. I’m still trying to get the thing to make the thumbnails be referenced to the bottom left corner of the 11 x 17 page so check out the attached gms wont’ you please? I used your code from the Oberon forums but it does not work….

Also, see image example of what I’m trying to achieve.

Thanks a bunch John or others that can help with this!

runflacruiser 30-05-2010 23:35

Hi.
Here's the modified section code that sets position of all thumbnails on the page(s). (lightly tested)
Notice the comments.
This is a fix to reposition thumbnails on page. Modifying someone else's code, especially Alex's, is not always easy...lol

-John

Code:

nx = nx + 1
        nCurrent = nCurrent + 1
        If nx >= CountX Then
            nx = 0
            ny = ny + 1

If ny >= CountY Then
                ny = 0

If nCurrent < nCount Then
                    myAdjust 'added this line
                    ActiveDocument.AddPages 1
                End If
            End If
        End If
    Next f
    myAdjust 'added this line
    bProcessing = False
    lblProgress.Caption = ""
    cmAbort.Visible = False
    cmOK.Visible = True
    cmCancel.Visible = True
End Sub

Private Sub myAdjust() 'added this whole sub
    ActiveDocument.ReferencePoint = cdrBottomLeft
    ActivePage.Shapes.All.SetPosition 0, 0 'adjust position here.
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)

-John

gorgo 31-05-2010 00:21

YES! We're almost there and making progress. As I understand this, the thumbs are positioned after the fact at 0,0 cdrbottomleft. That's what I was trying to achieve...so now I want to set up the form so the user can enter a value and finally position them thumbs centered vertically yet offcenter horizontally like my sample image above. I can set this by entering something like 1,4 or something like that but if the user wants a different config then I'll have to keep changing the code...not too smooth I suppose. So using a textbox value to have control over exactly where to put the array of thumbs would be most excellent and complete my request. If not, then I could attempt somethings....end if.:D

-Greg

gorgo 31-05-2010 02:23

1 Attachment(s)
also, trying to get control over vertical spacing between images as shown...

gorgo 31-05-2010 04:34

1 Attachment(s)
**update**
I got it how I want it...but still some glitches.
something weird happens if I change cdrBottomLeft to cdrTopLeft which is really what I wanted but go confused. The unwanted positionion happens when the next page is inserted and there are maybe three or so thumbnails left and they are moved to the bottom and I want them to go to the top area hence the cdrTopLeft. Check it out when you can good sir.

-Greg

runflacruiser 31-05-2010 10:35

Hi.
If you change reference point to top left you can adjust position like this(untested):

Code:

ActiveDocument.ReferencePoint = cdrTopLeft
    ActivePage.Shapes.All.SetPosition 0, ActivePage.SizeHeight 'adjust position here.
End Sub

-John

gorgo 31-05-2010 11:09

Okay, I'm on it...I've added some fun features besides that I've always wanted but didn't know how...boy did I lose some sleep but it was worth it!

_Greg:sun::confused::D

gorgo 31-05-2010 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by runflacruiser (Post 16610)
Hi.
If you change reference point to top left you can adjust position like this(untested):

Code:

ActiveDocument.ReferencePoint = cdrTopLeft
    ActivePage.Shapes.All.SetPosition 0, ActivePage.SizeHeight 'adjust position here.
End Sub

-John

Okay...looks real good! I had to do this
Code:

ActivePage.Shapes.All.SetPosition 0.5, ActivePage.SizeHeight - 1 'adjust position here
so that the thumbs are spaced away from the top but the last remaining are top justified....now if I could set the form to make these changes I'll be complete....if you don't want to bother, that's fine.

-Greg

runflacruiser 31-05-2010 11:50

Hi.
Just create a couple textboxes and reference them in code like this:

Code:

ActivePage.Shapes.All.SetPosition MainForm.myTextBoxValueX.value, MainForm.myTextBoxValueY.value
-John