OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 01-06-2006, 13:24
Jon Lorber

Default Problem using "GetUserClick" with Snap?

I am experiencing a problem where I'm using GetUserClick to get a user's click at a node. I have show grid and grid snap off, snap to objects on and dynamic guides on.

The problem is that when I click on a node that is very close to a grid line it picks up the grid and you see the word "grid" flash momentarily. The value returned is of the grid. Again this is even though grid snap and view is off.

Is there anyway to eliminate grid as a potential snap for the snap to object? It doesn't show up in the list of snap objects in the snap to object setup.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:41

Code:
Function GetUserClick(XCoord As Long, YCoord As Long, TimeOut As Long, IgnoreSnap As Boolean) As Long
maybe this will help
Old 12-06-2006, 11:31
Jon Lorber

I'm going to give it a try however I do want it to snap to nodes, edges, midpoints etc, just not the grid. I don't even have the grid on.

I think I detected a bug within the GetUserClick. It's very hard to see it because "# grid" flashes for a fraction of a second and even though your close to a node or edge it overrides and takes the grid coordinate.

Maybe it's me however I just thing that there should be an option in the Snap to Objects dialog that you can turn off grid as a snap detect point. It still snaps even if Snap to Grid is off.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:47

when you use ActivePage.SelectShapesAtPoint it returns a shape object which has all the shapes in the given point under its shapes property. Check it in debugger - it may have grid object on top and your objects in stack.

Code:
dim shapesOK as new shapeRange, sh as shape
for each sh in ActivePage.SelectShapesAtPoint(x,y).shapes
   if sh.layer.name<>"Grid" then shapesOK.add sh
next