OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 19-05-2006, 07:50
VyperOne

Default Print Settings are not working

Consider the following:

Sub arTest()
Dim test As Boolean
test = ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.ShowDialog()

ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.Separations.Enabled = True

With ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.Separations.Plates
.Item(1).Enabled = True
.Item(2).Enabled = True
.Item(3).Enabled = False
.Item(4).Enabled = True
End With

ActiveDocument.PrintOut

End Sub

In theory you should get three pages printed to the printer, one for each of the three plates turned on in the CMYK color model. Instead whatever the print settings dialog box is set to that is what corel uses when it prints.

Unfortunately I do not see this happening. No matter what you set the printersettings to via VBA or .NET the values you set are ignored completely.

Additionally Loading print settings from a file via VBA or .NET does not work either.

Hopefully I am doing something wrong and someone can point this out.
Old 25-05-2006, 08:32
Administrator

Yes, I can confirm the problem. It is a bug...
Old 25-05-2006, 08:41
VyperOne

Figured as much. Alex how can we get this fixed?

I need a fix for a client whose product relies upon these features. I sent an email to the Technology Parter people at Corel and have received no response whatsoever. I am reluctant to pay them for any support as I feel they will not resolve the issue and get me what I need for my client.

S
Old 25-05-2006, 10:46
Administrator

I will see what I can do about this...
Old 30-05-2006, 16:56
VyperOne

Any word on a fix for this yet Alex?
Old 06-06-2006, 16:58
RobC

I think this is a long-standing bug, going back to corel 11 at least.

How I've dreamt of having the ability to print separations programatically. I think I brought this up in the "what would you like to see fixed in corel 12?" thread. http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthr...?p=701#post701 I guess I should have elaborated...

I hope it gets fixed.

Last edited by RobC; 06-06-2006 at 17:25.
Old 06-06-2006, 19:12
VyperOne

I finally called Deveoper Support today at Corel. I need this bug fixed as I have a big contract relying on it. I was encouraged by there willigness to help. Maybe we will get it fixed. Corel needs their own forum with their developers moderating who can help out in these situations. I'll be happy to get this fixed.....
Old 13-06-2006, 10:32
VyperOne

Angry

Alex,

Talked to Doug at Corel today about the issue this thread pertains to. As you have determined this to be a bug did you find it in the core corel code or the VBA code?

My concern is if its in the core code then I will have to wait for a service release.
Old 13-06-2006, 13:41
Administrator

Well, it doesn't look like it's VBA itself. In fact, the same thing happens in the dialog - select some separation plates, then close the dialog (hit Apply then Close or Print). Go to the dialog again and you'll see that all the plates are selected again.

When you think of it, it is actually a somewhat desirable effect. Once you changed the settings and closed the dialog, you might have created some more objects which added new separation plates to the document, or you might have deleted some objects. So the next time the dialog is invoked, the document is re-analyzed and the separation list is reset. However the problem is that in VBA either scenario could be valid. Some users might want to make sure that any changes to the document that might happen between the time you set last option in Document.PrintSettings and called Document.PrintOut be reflected on the printout. However this also makes it impossible to "freeze" the settings in between.

I guess the proper fix would be to somehow allow the VBA user to expicitly specify that Document.PrintOut should analyze the document or if this should be disabled. But it's definitely not just a matter of fixing some "bug". Some additional thought needs to be put into solving this problem. I'm myself not sure how I would fix it yet...
Old 20-06-2007, 10:46
StevenDavison

Default Corel 11

So... I'm guessing this is a dead issue and Corel will probably just have me upgrade?