OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > Corel PHOTO-PAINT > General

Old 08-06-2005, 11:12
marian

Default Background to object Fine! But Object to Background - How?

I know it is just me. Changing the background to an object is easy. It is a menu item under the Object menu "Create Object from Background". Is there a menu item that goes the other way, "Create Background from Object". I know you can create a background but it uses what ever color you choose from the palette. I need an object that I have created to become a background.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:32
marian

Default Answer

It was just me not thinking!

You can create an Object from the Background by clicking on the Object menu and selecting "create" and then selecting "from background". But as far as I can tell the only way to go the opposite way - create a background from an object, is to copy your object you want to be a background ctrl-c, and paste "New from Clipboard". This will open a new file in PP that only has the object and no background. Then select the Object menu and select Combine, and then select "with background". This will turn the object into the background. By copying and pasting to a new file, it insures that only the object you want to be background becomes the background. Just in case you have been working on a particular layer and you don't want the other layers to join the background too.
Old 15-07-2005, 03:51
Ironword

Hey Marian, thanks for the followup post in which you explain how to do it. I'm just a hobbyist, not a pro, and I never would have figured out how to do that on my own. (I use Photo-Paint infrequently enough that I keep notes on what I learn, because if I don't, I forget it all by the next time I need to do some image work; and I once wrote to myself, "The Background object is pretty much set in stone.")

Thanks again!