OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-07-2009, 12:55
mitsu1

Question How to detect holes in combined curve objects?

Hi all, This is very old post, however I still need help with this. please see the post below. thank you

Hi all, I am trying to figure out a way to identify all of the curves that are "holes" in combined shapes. An example would be if i had a 6 inch square and a 3 inch square center with eachother, and then I combined them, the 3 inch square would be a "hole". However if i added a 1 inch square to the center of that shape and combined it, it would not be a hole but rather solid and the 3 inch square would now become the hole.
To further complicate things the combined curves may or may not be "on top of" eachother. Like the lowercase letter "i" is one shape that is made up of two combined curves and neither of them are holes".

I am starting with thousands of shapes/curve objects that could have any number of curves combined together and these curves may or may not overlap or be inside of the other curves.

I have tried:
Identifying the winding direction of the path. that didn't work since they all had the same winding.

I tried:
measuring the total dimensions of the "parent" shape. Then breaking it apart and measuring the dimensions of the broken apart shapes looking to see if any one of the broken apart shapes were the same size as the parent shape's dimensions. Then assuming that if there were shapes that were smaller then they would have been holes. This didn't work because I could create shape configureations that would break that logic. Such as the letter "U" with a small object resting inside the "U" shape and combined with the letter.

I tried:
getting the x & y cords. of each curve to see if they fell within the "parent" shape assuming that if they did then they were holes. however the "U" example above still breaks the logic.

So.... I'm not sure what to do next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitsu1

Last edited by mitsu1; 17-02-2011 at 15:54. Reason: still need info