OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 16-06-2006, 19:58
MitchA

Default Newbie Q - bitmap inverts while engraving

Looks correct on the screen, the border engraves (laser) correctly, the clipart inverts - white engraves instead of the black.

I'm sure it's stupid, but I just don't know why WYSIWYG doesn't work on this.

Mitch
Attached Files
File Type: cdr 050 clipart 1.cdr (57.6 KB, 559 views)
Old 18-06-2006, 17:44
sallybode

Perhaps the clipart uses a lens and it is acually reversed. If the laser cutter isn't able to interpret the lens, you can get a bad result.

Best to look at object manager and disect what you have there. I tried to download your file and it crashed my computer, had to run scan disk, etc.

Not going to do that one again.

If you do have vector artwork, it would be well to use simplify to be sure you do not have overlapping shapes and that you do not have any bitmapped effects, no tranparencies, etc.
Old 19-06-2006, 00:09

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Bitmap

I don't see any special effects in his drawing, it is just a simple line drawing and a bitmap. If I get some time I may try this on my Laser and see what happens.

Best,

Shelby
Old 19-06-2006, 00:50
MitchA

Thanks, Shelby. I have a Laserpro Spirit, out of the box driver. I don't know if it's my version of X3 or the driver making the change.

Mitch
Old 19-06-2006, 19:38
gingem

Hi Mitch
I don't use a laser but I have seen this problem before. When you send the artwork to your laser is it done as if the laser was a printer? When I send data to one of my printers that I use for sandblast masks, the format has a selection that automatically reverses the artwork for some reason. You must go to the advanced properties section and uncheck the box. Drove me crazy for awhile. Hope this might help.
Old 19-06-2006, 22:55
MitchA

Thanks.

I've been tied up and haven't had a chance to untangle this, but I figure it's a lack of cooperation 'tween Corel and the driver... There's a box - I've been afraid to click it. Y'know, so far, so good, leave it alone.

Yes, it's just like a driver for an ink jet or plotter/cutter.

Mitch
Old 20-06-2006, 08:10
gingem

Hi Mitch
Then it is definitely in that setup. Look at the printer settings, select custom and advanced and I'm sure you will see a screen like this. There is usually a box for inverting automatically
Attached Images

Old 20-06-2006, 09:14
MitchA

That was it. Took a little fiddling with the graphics... I had to invert (great word - NOT "negative", or "reverse") the border, then click 'invert' on a nested menu tab... Jeez. Work-arounds!!!!

Thanks,

Mitch