OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 28-02-2005, 20:06
geopig

Default Rotating multiple artistic text objects

Hi there,

It's been a while since I've posted here but I have a problem that I think may be doable in Corel and that it may require a macro (but I'm not exactly sure).

I have documents with artistic text objects (many; hundreds to thousands) that are rotated at various angles (i.e. everything between 0 and 359°) in the document. Essentially what I need to happen is to have all of the text rotated back so that it is "upright". The text (which are labels) is imported from GIS software and is already rotated. I cannot figure out how to keep the text upright in the GIS (since I need the labels rotated around a point but not rotated themselves) so I thought this may be possible in Corel. Any help/suggestions are gladly welcomed.

Cheers.
Old 28-02-2005, 21:43

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Maybe you don't need a script

Try this (CorelDraw 12): Edit| Select All| Text then Arrange| Clear Transformations

That should set all text back to a 0 degree rotation

Let me know if you need somthing different.

Shelby
Old 01-03-2005, 14:57
geopig

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Neither Clear transformations or straighten text works. This is due to the fact that upon import the labels are already rotated and thus have no transformation information. I think I may be screwed here or have to work on it from within the GIS unless anyone else has another idea for me.

Cheers.
Old 01-03-2005, 15:06

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym

Are the labels still Text? Artistic or Paragraph? Maybe a small sample CDR would help.

Thanks,

Shelby
Old 01-03-2005, 15:49
geopig

The labels are artistic text. I've attached a small sample file. There are symbols and the text associated with them needs to be rotated to "horizontal". Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: cdr Label_Rotate.cdr (18.4 KB, 860 views)
Old 01-03-2005, 16:08

OK I must not understand. I tried the approach I suggested above and this is what I got. Is it not correct?

Thanks,

Shelby
Attached Files
File Type: cdr Label_Rotate_191.cdr (17.9 KB, 862 views)
Old 01-03-2005, 17:51
geopig

That is exactly what I was looking for. I tried the approach you suggested a couple of times and it did not work. But when I went back and tried it again after you sent the file it worked no problem. I have no idea why it didn't work for me before!!?? Thanks again!