OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 07-10-2007, 09:17
Wynprice

Default Change Import setting

I want to change the default setting for imported items so that instead of being centred on page they are placed in their original position. I had my previous installation of Corel Draw (V12) set this way but cannot remember how I did it when I re-installed it
Old 07-10-2007, 09:39

I also don't know how to change the default setting. There is another way: after you choose a file in the import dialog and click import, just press SpaceBar in the document window (instead of Enter or mouseclick)
Old 07-10-2007, 11:51
Wynprice

Default Tried Spacebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm View Post
I also don't know how to change the default setting. There is another way: after you choose a file in the import dialog and click import, just press SpaceBar in the document window (instead of Enter or mouseclick)
I have tried that but it still seems to be centering rather than placing in original position on page
Old 07-10-2007, 12:00

it places in original location. Something wrong maybe with file being imported. I assume it is vector-based? :-) Because raster image bitmaps do not contain positioning info.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:52
Wynprice

Default Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm View Post
it places in original location. Something wrong maybe with file being imported. I assume it is vector-based? :-) Because raster image bitmaps do not contain positioning info.
Yes they are templates and shapes that I have created. I have been using them for quite a long time. However since doing a re-install of Corel Draw they appear centred on page. I have been used to being able to import them and by pressing ENTER or SPACEBAR have them retain their original position on page in order to print in correct position on page