OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 01-08-2008, 08:13
questionaire

Default getting my plugin working with all versions

hi there,

a year ago i wrote a plugin for a customer. it worked seamlessly with x13 (it was compiled as a dll and had to be registered). Now it doesnt work with newer versions of corel.
I searched around and found plugins that are compiled to .exe and work without any problems with any corel version, even if new ones are released.

do you have any tips how to do that?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:05
Administrator

You probably should look at this thread: http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthread.php?t=1880

DLL plugins should work with any version of CorelDRAW going forward (theoretically).
Old 01-08-2008, 12:18
questionaire

hi alex,

sorry for me first post - its wrong i assume. its written in VB, but the output is a dll. i need to register it with regsvr32 when i install it, but on other versions that x13 it does not work.
Old 01-08-2008, 13:44
Administrator

You must be using COM addins. These are version specific and can't work any other way...

You might be able to create a GMS file which would just launch your code (EXE or DLL).
Old 01-08-2008, 13:50
questionaire

do you have any references, links, samples or tutorials for me?
Old 26-08-2008, 06:57
questionaire

hi alex, do you have any link for me?

as a reference for a software that did that: signt-it works without problems with different versions of corel. it is launched by a small rocket like icon in x3 (see attachment)
Attached Images

Old 28-08-2008, 11:17
questionaire

i researched a little bit and will stay with my addin structure. it compiles very well with x4 dependencies and libraries and also gets loaded on CDx3 without any problems, but on CDx4 nothing happens. it tells me that no addins are installed. is there any big difference with addin loading between x3 and x4?

to show you what i do: i compile it as dll, install it in my program structure (no corel paths) and then call the register function to register my dll. with x3 it works, with x4 not.
i also can't find any newer tutorials that are proven to work with x4.

hope you can help me. maybe a small piece of code that is proven to work with x4? maybe also the registering and that stuff is not compatible with x4?

thank you for your help