OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 25-03-2009, 06:02

Default Thumbnails have gone square

A couple of months ago I reinstalled X4 and applied the latest service pack. Also reinstalled recentfiles at the same time (the Dec 2007 version).

This is Windows in XP, SP3.

Recentfiles correctly displays the thumbnails of all files which were created before then. However, it is stretching the thumbnails of all new files to a square shape.

I'm not sure whether that is happening when recentfiles displays the thumbnails, or whether CorelDraw has created them in that shape. But XP folder view displays unstretched thumbnails for both old and new files.
Old 29-06-2009, 02:14
ljesus7

Default GlobalMacroStorage_DocumentAfterSave Error

Code:
Private Sub GlobalMacroStorage_DocumentAfterSave(ByVal doc As Document, ByVal SaveAs As Boolean, ByVal filename$)
    If doc Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    FileAddRecent doc.filename, doc.FilePath
    If SaveAs Then G.sSaveAsDIR = doc.FilePath
End Sub
i don't know that generated error ~~
error message [compile error procedure call , parameter fault]
Old 01-12-2009, 13:41

Default Recent Files Causes Crash & Virus

I've been having this problem with recent files for a while now, just got around to complaining about it (lol - great program BTW, what would I do without it?). Anyway, there are a couple things. Sometimes when I open RF the preview image is really small, even though I have large preview enabled. And sometimes the preview runs outside the window and gets cut off, like the image is too big for it. Sometimes the preview will be crisp & clear and somtimes it's really fuzzy, this started happening when they updated X4 at one point and changed how the previews are made or something. BTW, I'm running Draw X4 with all SP installed. Then, sometimes I'll call up RF and it just goes away and takes Draw with it.

I'm using the version dated [ RecentFiles Friday, November 30, 2007 4:19:45 PM ]

So, to add insult to injury, I go to see if there is a new version, and I try to download the beta from Dec 12 and Norton AV pops up and says it's a virus! Specifically Suspicious.MH690.A which I'm sure is just a false positive, but since Norton intercepts the download before I can even do anything, I can't even get the file to see if it works better or not.
Old 01-12-2009, 13:55

oops, norton :-)
here's a zip archive of that Dec12 beta for manual installation — RecentFiles--Dec12beta.zip
Old 04-12-2009, 14:21

OK, great, though I did finally get around norton by just turning it off :-) Then, as soon as I turned it back on it screamed about the virus again, this time in the doohicky that modifies the cdrinfo file. Since I don't use that, I didn't care.

It seems like it works better, but do you have any idea why some icons are all fuzzy and some are nice and clear? Sometimes it still shows them as tiny as well.
Old 04-12-2009, 17:35

One thing I've noticed is that my "square" icons actually become the correct shape (landscape or portrait) if I select one and look at it in the "large preview" pane.

I'm not sure whether this means that the thumbnail is the correct shape but is being stretched square in the thumbnails view, or whether the large preview uses a different image.
Quote:
Sometimes it still shows them as tiny as well.
Have you checked that there isn't a large object on the page? Maybe a white one, that you wouldn't easily notice except by zooming right out and doing Select All.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:20

No, these are icons that are normal sometimes and then will suddenly show as tiny in recent files. No change of the icon size in options makes a difference and usually, that means it's about to crash and go POOF and take draw with it. That happens sometimes the next time I open recent files, though not always, it's never anything I can pin down.

Though, I have had more luck since we upgraded the server the files are on to a faster machine, so, keeping fingers crossed.
Old 30-03-2011, 10:54

Default Strange date sort order

[ RecentFiles 12 December 2007 02:59:56 ]

When I select date sort (either ascending or descending) it works fine until I use the NAMES quick search to restrict the display to file names containing certain characters.

At that point, the display order becomes random (the newest file is a long way down the list) and even trying to re-sort using Alt-3 does not restore proper date order.

Here's an example. The quick search string was set to prg.

Old 30-03-2011, 11:09

Forgot to say:
XP SP3 with CorelDraw X4.
Old 31-03-2011, 01:53

fixed it.
here's the replacement code for you to test before I release it.

in VBA Editor->recentfiles->frmRecent (right click)->Code->find "Sub lvQuickSearch" and replace until "End Sub" with the following:
Code:
Sub lvQuickSearch _
                    (ByVal field%)
   Static prevTxt$(1 To 3), prevField%, wasFound%(1 To 3)
   Dim tag$(1 To 3), force%, noText%, txt$, i&, k&, s$, mi%, CNT&, bNeedRedraw%, bAddColumn%, foundCnt&, vField%, curKey%

On Error Resume Next
   CNT = lv.ListItems.count: If CNT = 0 Or field = 0 Or Abs(field) > 3 Then Exit Sub
   force = (field < 0): field = Abs(field): If field Then txt = UCase$(Controls("TextBox" + CStr(field)).Text)
   If (Not force And txt = prevTxt(field)) Or prevField = 0 Then prevField = field: Exit Sub
   If txt = prevTxt(field) And txt = prevTxt(prevField) Then Exit Sub
   prevTxt(field) = txt: noText = (Len(txt) = 0): prevField = field

If Not (noText Or force) Then _
      noText = (InStr(1, r_files, txt, vbTextCompare) = 0): If noText And Not wasFound(field) Then Exit Sub

apiRedrawEnable 0
   curKey = lv.sortKey
   bAddColumn = (lv.ListItems(1).ListSubItems.count < 4): If field = 3 Then vField = 3 Else vField = field - 1
   For i = 1 To 3: tag(i) = CStr(IIf(lv.SortOrder = lvwAscending, i, 4 - i)) + vbCr: Next
   For i = 1 To CNT
      With lv.ListItems(i)
         If noText Then
            If .Bold Then .Bold = 0: .ListSubItems(1).Bold = 0: .ListSubItems(2).Bold = 0: bNeedRedraw = True
         Else
            If field = 1 Then s = .Text Else s = .SubItems(vField)
            k = InStr(1, s, txt, vbTextCompare): If k = 0 Then mi = 3 Else If k = 1 Then mi = 1 Else mi = 2
            If curKey + 1 <> field Then If curKey = 0 Then s = .Text Else s = .SubItems(curKey)
            s = tag(mi) + s + vbCr + .Text: If k Then foundCnt = foundCnt + 1
            If bAddColumn Then .ListSubItems.Add , , s Else .ListSubItems(4).Text = s
            k = (k > 0)
            If field = 1 Or lv.View <> lvwReport Then
               If .Bold <> k Then .Bold = k
            Else: If .ListSubItems(field - 1).Bold <> k Then .ListSubItems(field - 1).Bold = k
            End If
         End If
      End With
      Next
   If noText Then wasFound(field) = 0 _
      Else k = foundCnt <> 0: bNeedRedraw = k Or (wasFound(field) <> k): wasFound(field) = k

If bNeedRedraw Then
      lv.sorted = False
      If noText Then
         lv.SortOrder = 1 - lv.SortOrder: ulvSortColHead lv, lv.sortKey + 1
      Else
         lv.ColumnHeaders.Add
         lv.ColumnHeaders.Add
         lv.sortKey = 4: lv.sorted = True: lv.sorted = False: lv.sortKey = curKey
         lv.ColumnHeaders.Remove 5
         lv.ColumnHeaders.Remove 4
         With lv.ListItems(1)
            .Selected = True
            FILEPREVIEW .SubItems(1) & .Text & .tag
            .EnsureVisible
            End With
         lv.Refresh: apiRedrawCtl , lv
      End If
      End If
   apiRedrawEnable 1
   End Sub