OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 13-04-2004, 02:59
barnold

Default Detecting Last Node Selected?

CD11: I want to create 2 functions that will work like the align nodes functions in CD11, but that I can execute from a toolbar buttun or shortcut key. I want one for align-horizontal and one for align-vertical so I don't have to deal with the bass-ackwards CD11 node align dialog. Is there any way to detect which was the last node selected so I can know which node to align the others to? Or do you have another suggestions of a good way to implement this?

Many thanks in advance.

Bob Arnold
Old 13-04-2004, 12:31
Administrator

Default Re: Detecting Last Node Selected?

Bob,

I don't know a way of determining the last selected node through VBA.
Old 14-04-2004, 02:36
barnold

Thanks Alex. I was afraid that might be the case.

Guess I'll go with a 3 step process: 1.) Select the nodes I want to move, 2.) click the command button or press the hotkey, and 3.) click the node to which I want to align the others (then get its X or Y coordinate and move the rest to it). Any thoughts on how to best program getting the coordinate in step 3? If I use GetUserClick how can I get the coordinates of the node closest to the point I click (assuming the click may not be perfectly at the point of the node)?

Thanks again for your help and the great support you give the CorelDRAW community. You are a treasure!

Bob Arnold
Old 21-04-2004, 10:37
barnold

Looks like the question in my last psting got lost in the noise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnold

Any thoughts on how to best program getting the coordinate in step 3? If I use GetUserClick how can I get the coordinates of the node closest to the point I click (assuming the click may not be perfectly at the point of the node)?
Thanks for any insights.

Bob
Old 21-04-2004, 13:03
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnold
Any thoughts on how to best program getting the coordinate in step 3? If I use GetUserClick how can I get the coordinates of the node closest to the point I click (assuming the click may not be perfectly at the point of the node)?
You'll need to go through all the nodes, calculate the distance from the point of the click to the node and pick the closest one.