OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 02-07-2008, 12:36

Default Change Page Names

Hello again everyone,

If I have a multiple page document, I need pages to be named a certain way. I have two types of drawings I do. Presentation Drawings & Production Drawings. As part of an existing script, I’d like to add a drop down box for renaming my page names.

For example, if I select “Presentation Drawing” from the drop down, on page 1 of my document, and click my “o.k.” button, It’ll change the page name to “Presentation Drawing”. Simple enough, I can achieve this at this point.

However, if I then add a new page in my document, and select “Presentation Drawing” from my list and hit o.k., it names the second page “Presentation Drawing”… which of course is what it would naturally do!

BUT… what I would like it to do is call it “Presentation Drawing 1”! Now, if I add another page in the same document and select “Presentation Drawings” from the list, it’ll automatically “search” the document for page names and it would obviously call the next “Presentation Drawing 2”. So on and so on throughout the document…

Is this easily achievable, or am I asking for the impossible again? Hahaha

Any help is always appreciated!

Thanks,
B
Old 02-07-2008, 13:44

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Call me Lazy....

Yea so I am a bit lazy today....so take this as the lazy man's out. :-) I would create two Subs, one that adds a page and then calls a second Sub to just rename the pages. That way you can use the same renaming sub to rename any of your current document. How is that for lazy. And you don't have to worry about trying to find you last page and all that.

This sub adds a new page and calls the renaming sub:
Code:
Sub AddNewPage()
    ActiveDocument.AddPages 1
    RenamePages
End Sub
This sub renames all the pages per your specs:
Code:
Sub RenamePages()
    Dim p As Page

For Each p In ActiveDocument.Pages
        If p.Index = 1 Then
            p.Name = "PresentationDrawings"
        Else
            p.Name = "PresentationDrawing " & p.Index - 1
        End If
    Next p
End Sub
Now you will just have to modify it a bit to work with your dialog. Man I am lazy today!

-Shelby