OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 30-01-2006, 14:33

Default Draw X3 contour tool interface small bug

In Draw X3: select shape make 1 step contour inside, OK.
Then I want to make the same contour for another shape: select other shape, press contour tool button, then press "inside contour" - nothing happens, obviously because "inside contour" is already checked.

Workaround is a little bit tedious: press "outside contour", then "inside contour"
Old 30-01-2006, 16:53
Fluid

if you look at the curser and selections after contouring the first object and clicking to select the second object, your actually not selecting the second object! Click again and it will be selected and you can apply the contour.
It is like the selection of the first object is sticking somehow requiring a click to deselect when normal clicking (left mouse) on another objext would change the selection to the newlew clicked object.
This is a lil funky but a second click on the second object will work as well.
Old 30-01-2006, 20:35
Booker

Talking

the second click is annoying.... will that be worked on?
Old 31-01-2006, 05:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid
if you look at the curser and selections after contouring the first object and clicking to select the second object, your actually not selecting the second object! Click again and it will be selected and you can apply the contour.
It is like the selection of the first object is sticking somehow requiring a click to deselect when normal clicking (left mouse) on another objext would change the selection to the newlew clicked object.
This is a lil funky but a second click on the second object will work as well.
seems to me I've badly described the problem. THE BUG. So:

in draw12: current tool: pick, select some object, switch to contour tool, previous preference is "inside", I click on "inside again" and voila I have inside contour with previous settings. OK in Draw12

in Draw X3: same steps, but here when I click on depressed button "inside" nothing happens, as though programmers bound action not to button_click but to button_changed ;-) by some unknown reason ;-)

The problem is in code. BUG. Settled. ;-))))
Old 31-01-2006, 08:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm
The problem is in code. BUG. Settled. ;-))))
It's settled, alright That's the reason why I use Contour docker for applying contours. Apply button always works
Old 31-01-2006, 08:39

thnx.

another small-small bug and as I don't want to start another bug thread 'cause it bores me so.;-) here it is: go to Tools->Options (CtrlJ), then just look about, then "Cancel", so you will return to document window, then (now the bug): look where is active input, never guess ;-) in the "zoom levels combo" and until you exit it with Esc or mouse click you won't be able to use F4,F3,ascii keys.

something is wrong with system-caret focus or with zoom_levels or with toolbar handling ;-(
Old 31-01-2006, 13:19

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Contour

Classic Alex! So do I.

Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
It's settled, alright That's the reason why I use Contour docker for applying contours. Apply button always works