OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 05-02-2012, 03:03

Default "On Selection Change" Event

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to run a macro when a user selects a new object / shape within the current document?

I have a form which is essentially a neon creation tool. It creates neon from a line segment with options for colour, glow radius and glow intensity. After the user has chosen their desired settings, it creates a group of objects with the name "neon[+settings]".

The reason for the naming is because I've made it possible for the user to alter the settings of the neon using the same form even after it's been created.

What I'd like to be able to do is have these settings appear on the form if the user selects a "neon..." object again.

So as the user is clicking through different shapes and objects on their document, if they happen to click on an object named "neon..." while the 'Neon Chart' form is open, the form instantly shows the colour and glow settings of that "neon" shape (by running mid() functions on the parameters that are stored in the name).

So to recap,

I want to create a macro that runs each time an object selection change is made and only while a particular form is open and visible.

Is this do-able?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:03

Sorry, thought I'd searched as far as I could on this before I posted my question but clearly had not. Found the solution since posting my question.