OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 12-06-2006, 22:44

Arg! Please, please get rid of the thumbnails with file names or make them an option. I find the tiny blobs of colour too distracting - much easier to read the file names without them. Unfortunately, I also couldn't get the new Lock Folder button to work. My search folder is still jumping to the folder of any file I open. Woe, woe woe!

Chris
Old 13-06-2006, 03:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowbodynow
Arg! Please, please get rid of the thumbnails with file names or make them an option. I find the tiny blobs of colour too distracting - much easier to read the file names without them. Unfortunately, I also couldn't get the new Lock Folder button to work. My search folder is still jumping to the folder of any file I open. Woe, woe woe!
Icons are now in options (June13.zip), but: Arrghh!!! Chris! Christ I just can't get what are those problems you mention - NOTHING jumps off here!! And about tiny blobs - you can change view mode to large icons to make those blobs large so you'll be able to locate visually instead of verbally!

P.S. Cool, woxx, cool - please Chris give me your settings and detailed description of your steps and detailed description of your vision of what it should look like
Old 13-06-2006, 06:52

Thanks Os, I started to panic when I saw the icons in detailed view. I think being able to switch from a view with details to a view with large icons is useful but when I'm using words (ie names of files to identify files) the tiny icons are not useful and just reduce the amount of space to display the file name (some of mine are long!).

Regarding the lock folder button it just doesn't seem to do anything for me. I've tried pressing it before and after a search but it seems to make no difference. I need to keep rechoosing the folder I'm searching from every time.

Best wishes,

Chris
Old 13-06-2006, 10:37

Chris, catch up with the latest Jun13a.zip
at last I've got what you meant by locking folder
Old 13-06-2006, 23:29

Hi Os,

I caught up with it and have it working. Great job! The lock button works fine now, many thanks. I can finally stop using Windows Explorer for CorelDraw files.

Best wishes,

Chris
Old 27-06-2006, 20:20

Default Retaining Search Results

Hi Os,

I've found one more feature that I would like Recent Files to have. It would be great if in addition to being able to lock a folder Recent Files also remembered the results of a search. Sometimes I end up doing the same search multiple times in succession. If it remembered the previous search that would be very useful (at least for me!).

It's great to be able to find files from within CorelDraw without using Windows Explorer. Retaining a search while in use would be the icing on the cake.

Best wishes,

Chris
Old 29-06-2006, 11:55

Hi Chris, take a look at June29.
Search results will be retained if AutoClose is off and AutoMinimize is ON, otherwise it's impossible
Old 29-06-2006, 22:13

Hi Os,

Nice, that seems to work. The one problem is if I hit esc to get rid of recentfiles it closes and then when I open it up the search has gone. It would be good if esc minimised recentfiles if Autoclose is off and AutoMinimize is on. With Autoclose on having esc close recentfiles is preferred.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 30-06-2006, 15:20
Booker

Where'd me 2006 go after the date..... since 4/21 just curious
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2006, 06:54

to Chris: try July3
to Booker: removed year due to waste of space, we'll see on 2006Dec/2007Jan if that would be awkward or not