OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 29-07-2007, 10:27

Default ROMCat

ROMCat is one those great Free utilties with a somewhat mysterious author. Don't know if he realizes how valuable of tool it has been over the years. At one time the database was just an access database renamed to ROM. Not sure if it is still that way or not.

I believe Corel is now using the file system itself to add keywords and comments instead of embedding them into files. At least that was the required way a company I do work for was required to add them to clipart that is included in the X3 Clipart CD. I wrote the utility to quickly add them and have been thinking about doing a search tool based on that technology.
Old 30-11-2007, 11:29

Default Turning cdrinfo off again

I had recentfiles working with X3, but tried enabling cdrinfo. It now crashes with a compile error on

inff.AttachAndReadFileW f

I now can't remember how to bypass the error so I can get in again to turn the option off.
Old 30-11-2007, 11:47

someday may heavens bless me with a way to parse CDR files directly in a few milliseconds...yet until that day we have to rely on ridiculous piece of code in CdrInfo.dll. Basically it should not work at all, btw. Yet a year ago I was happy to find a trick to make it work under VBA. This preface gives an idea why the problems are expected.

Now here's the basic procedure that works for over a year to tame the whimsy dll:
  1. in RF (RecentFiles macro) options, UI, enable CDRinfo. If it's currently enabled then disable it, and restart DRAW, then proceed from the beginning
  2. At this moment RF is supposed to check the DLL compatibility and produce a warning if the wrong (not X3) version is marked active in Windows registry
  3. If so, you'll see a 'Version mismatch' dialog, e.g. Active: c:\.......Corel 12\...CdrInfo.dll, On disk (not used): c:\.....Corel Graphics X3\...\CdrInfo.dll. Check carefully the paths and if this is the case then answer Yes to 'Change to on-disk instance?'.
  4. Now a new file selection dialog may popup, don't close it, but instead exit DRAW, then look to the folder being shown in the dialog, it should be X3's programs folder. Without changing anything, just click OK button. This will apply the byte patch of DLL to make it compatible with VBA. If there's some error you'll need to repeat from step 1 :-) AFTER fully restarting Windows.
  5. Finally start DRAW, invoke RF's Options->UI and check if CDRinfo is enabled. If everything's fine then there'll be no messages, it will allow activation of dll. Click OK in the Options dialog and select some CDR files.
That's all

p.s. To disable the option manually: open %AppData%\Corel\recentFilesOptions.ini and set CDRinfo=0 instead of current =1

Last edited by wOxxOm; 30-11-2007 at 11:52.
Old 30-11-2007, 12:20

Thanks the manual disable worked fine.

Is there a recentfiles FAQ ?
Old 30-11-2007, 12:57

no, there isn't, there's not much to know :-)
Old 30-11-2007, 14:00
vindaa

Default Adding Full Size Preview

Hi Many many thanks for making this wonderful tool.

Is it possible to add a full size preview to this browser.

Few days back Shelbym developed this nice macro (http://forum.oberonplace.com/attachm...6&d=1157609328) which saves each page in the file to jpg file, this way i can see the contents of the file in softwares like Acdsee, even without opening the file. The only problem is this populates the folder.

I was just wondering that If we can have a large preview display for each page in file, Or am I expecting too much?
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2007, 03:40

I've thought about this long time ago, and the idea is indeed excellent. I'll continue to think. Then someday something will come out.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:24

Default Any issues with X4?

Hi Os, is it possible to use RecentFiles with the X4? IIm not very keen on the "book" effect of the new start-up panel of X4 but wonder if there are any likely problems with replacing it with RecentFiles - the download page doesn't mention it is compatible with X4.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)
Old 02-02-2008, 09:39

try it, I've had no problems with X4 so far
Old 02-02-2008, 20:45
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaa View Post
I was just wondering that If we can have a large preview display for each page in file, Or am I expecting too much?
Actually CorelDRAW X4 now saves previews of each page of the document. And you can see them in Vista when you enable "Preview Pane" in the window layout options of Windows Explorer.
Attached Images