OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 27-04-2006, 07:47
click101

Default Thumbnails

The thumbnails don't display for me. I only get icons. Is this because I have the default thumbnails display that comes with Corel unintalled???

Just Curious...

This behaves the same in 11 & 13 for me.
Thanks,
Georgeann
Old 27-04-2006, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by click101
The thumbnails don't display for me. I only get icons. Is this because I have the default thumbnails display that comes with Corel unintalled???

Just Curious...

This behaves the same in 11 & 13 for me.
Thanks,
Georgeann
No it shouldn't be this way. Say, all of the files have no thumbnail or several? It maybe the issue with temp dir (in VBA macro), I'll check.
By the way could you send to me e-mail woxxom@gmail.com some little (100kb for example) cdr-file for additional checking?
I changed some little line in thumbnail handling and uploaded new version to first post, check it also, maybe now everything will be ok

Last edited by wOxxOm; 27-04-2006 at 10:03.
Old 28-04-2006, 08:24
click101

Default thumnails

Os- tried newest version...still no thumbnails.
Thanks for trying. No big deal....otherwise the script is awesome.
Thanks.
Old 28-04-2006, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by click101
Os- tried newest version...still no thumbnails.
Thanks for trying. No big deal....otherwise the script is awesome.
Thanks.
Bugs won't overcome us. No pasaran. We'll beat them into dust. Don't give up ;-)
Old 02-05-2006, 11:22

I downloaded the latest Microsoft CommonDialogs, I checked break on unhandled errors but I still can't get the new version to run with CorelDraw 12. It won't compile and it is flagging:

lbDiv = String(50, "—") in Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

as an error. If I take out this line I can get the dialogue box to come up and can open files but I can't save the window position or run on start up. It's not stable. It's getting frustrating that I can't figure out what is wrong. I have Winkey and Dirkey installed - I wonder if there could be a conflict?

Chris (Hunt)
Old 02-05-2006, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowbodynow
I downloaded the latest Microsoft CommonDialogs, I checked break on unhandled errors but I still can't get the new version to run with CorelDraw 12. It won't compile and it is flagging:

lbDiv = String(50, "—") in Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

as an error. If I take out this line I can get the dialogue box to come up and can open files but I can't save the window position or run on start up. It's not stable. It's getting frustrating that I can't figure out what is wrong. I have Winkey and Dirkey installed - I wonder if there could be a conflict?

Chris (Hunt)

This line is overhead and can be removed "lbDiv = String(50, "—")"
Only this line, not userform_initiliaze ;-)
I don't know why such simple built-in command doesn't work, maybe Alex knows or nobodyknow ;-))))
but anyway let's try to isolate error-prone lines in code and I will decide whether they needed iat all and I will advise you how to comment out them or totally replace with new definition.
If you have some time for such remote debugging WE WILL GET THIS WORKING on your PC. No doubts

Last edited by wOxxOm; 02-05-2006 at 11:36.
Old 02-05-2006, 20:55

Thanks for the offer to help me get it working. I commented out the line you suggested and I can get the macro to run. I'm trying to go through it methodically. I just tried to delete this file:

F:\Coreldraw Files A-Z\WKG\ask.cdr

After pressing yes to the confirmation dialogue I got an error message:

------------------------
Error Deleting File or Folder:

Cannot Delete File: The file name you specified is not valid or too long.
Specify a different file name.
------------------------

The file name is removed from the left pane but the file is not deleted. I should note that I'm not seeing a thumbnail for this file, I am for others in the same directory.

I tried deleting a file from the right pane, (I could see the thumbnail) but I got the same error message.

Chris
Old 02-05-2006, 21:11

Hello again, I'm getting excited as suddenly apart from being able to delete a file it seems to be working. One thing I noticed is that you used the same accelerator key (hope that's the right term) for save window position and show window: alt + w. ThHis makes using alt + w have unexpected results.

Wow! it's great to have the latest version nearly perfect.

Best wishes,

Chris
Old 03-05-2006, 01:30
Ronny

Default Strange things with new version

Hi

The new version looks promising but I see a couple of strange things here:

First of all, since I live in Sweden we use some special characters (åäö), and they are substituted with Russian characters (дц for example) in file- and folder names. They open and sort as expected though.

Second, the dialog sometimes reappear on screen after opening a file. It comes back partially (Autoclose is checked), first the folder window and if I move the mouse over the dialog and click, the dialog reappears.
Works better if Auto minimize is checked instead.

Third, changing the size of columns or folder window doesn't stick (Save window pos enabled). This also seems to work a little better with Auto minimize than Autoclose.

Haven't got the time to test further the next couple of days. Thought I'd just let you know.

/Ronny
Old 03-05-2006, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
special characters (åäö)
Done, now system charset is used in all fonts.
Quote:
Second, the dialog sometimes reappear on screen after opening a file.
Fixed
Quote:
Third, changing the size of columns or folder window doesn't stick (Save window pos enabled).
Now it's implemented, your idea is good indeed
Quote:
Thought I'd just let you know
Thanx, it seems that without feedback and cheers it never would climb to even the state it is now

check recentLV--cdr12&X3--May3.zip