OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 10-08-2010, 19:43
Mal

Default Changing text color. Vb.net & X5

I apologize if I'm posting this is the wrong section. Delete or move as necessary.

I am using a vb.net (VS2008) application to automate X5. I am just laying text on a page. The short of it is I load Dataary with multiple lines of text, use hpos/vpos as coordinates on the page and set the font and leading for the text.

All this works just fine.

I'm having trouble figuring out the syntax to set the text as any color. I can convert the works to curves and do it that way or just do the text as text. I've tried a number of different ways but I get syntax errors or object issues, etc.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
-Mal

Code:
    	corelobj = CreateObject("Coreldraw.Automation.15")

Dim x As integer

With corelobj
			.FileNew()
			.SetPageSize(4572000, 3048000)  '.SetPageSize(4572000, 3048000)
			I = 1
			zz = 1
			For x = 1 To pieceloop 
				For z = 1 To CInt(linestr) 

.CreateArtisticText(dataary(I), hposary(x), vposary(x) - Val(leadingv * (zz - 1)))
					.SetCharacterAttributes(0, Len(dataary(I)), font, fstyle, fontv * 10, 0, 0, 0, 0, cSpacing, 0, 0, 2)
					.SetParagraphSpacing(0, Len(dataary(I)), PrcSpacing, wSpacing, lSpacing, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0)
                           		zz += 1
                        		I += 1

Next z
                		zz = 1

System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()
			Next x
			        .SelectAllObjects
                		.converttocurves
			''''Set color of objects here after converted?  Or do it up further where I'm laying out the text while it's still text.
		End With
	corelobj = Nothing
Old 10-08-2010, 20:44

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Set Color

There are several ways to do this. First, you are using CorelSCRIPT calls, I would suggest not using CorelSCRIPT. :-)

Now, a couple ways to fill the text. You can create the text as a shape. Personally I like this method because you can always refer to the shape easily. Like this:
Code:
Sub MakeSameText()
    Dim s As Shape

Set s = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0, 0, "Test", cdrEnglishUS, , "Arial", 24, , , , cdrLeftAlignment)
    s.Fill.ApplyUniformFill CreateCMYKColor(0, 100, 100, 0)
    s.Outline.SetProperties 0.001, , CreateCMYKColor(0, 100, 100, 0)
End Sub
or if you just wanted you can simple create the text like this:
Code:
Sub MakeSameText()
    With ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0, 0, "Test", cdrEnglishUS, , "Arial", 24, , , , cdrLeftAlignment)
        .Fill.ApplyUniformFill CreateCMYKColor(0, 100, 100, 0)
        .Outline.SetProperties 0.001, , CreateCMYKColor(0, 100, 100, 0)
    End With
End Sub
Again the reason I like to create the text as a shape is that I can easily reference it. So if I want to now convert the text to curves I could do this.
Code:
s.ConvertToCurves
Hope that helps,

-Shelby
Old 10-08-2010, 21:48
Mal

Quote:
First, you are using CorelSCRIPT calls, I would suggest not using CorelSCRIPT. :-)
Thanks for your response.

I inherited an old vb app that was inherited from an old corelscript so that's no surprise. It works. Shrug.

I'll give what you posted a try in the morning. I tried something very similar but vb.net was barfing on it.

Thanks,
-Mal
Old 10-08-2010, 23:21

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default CorelSCRIPT

If you have to go the CorelSCRIPT route you could try: (Doing this from memory so I could be way off)
Code:
.SelectAllObjects
.converttocurves
.StoreColor 2, 0, 100, 100, 0
.ApplyUniformFillColor
-Shelby
Old 11-08-2010, 08:10
Mal

Thank you.

That's all I needed. Works fine.

Code:
.storecolor(5, gRed, gGreen, gBlue)  '5 = RGB color model
.ApplyUniformFillcolor
As to the larger question...is the Corelscriptclass calls inherently slower or something? IN the vb.net object browser I see all different ways to do it but no clue as to which way is the most efficient or how the objects need to be called properly. (see below)

Thanks again.

-Mal
Old 18-08-2010, 15:32

Stay away from the CorelScript stuff. It breaks things badly...on the other hand, if a VBA command is broke sometimes the CorelScript equivelent is the only way to go. VBA first, CorelScript as a last resort and yes CorelScript is much slower.