OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > Corel PHOTO-PAINT > General

Old 04-04-2006, 17:25
CgNeophyte

Unhappy Path Tool & Slight Rant

Why does the path tool in PHOTO-PAINT have to suck!? Everytime I try to move nodes or bezier control points I can't just click the node. I have to hover around the point (usually not on the actual point) until I notice the move icon at the bottom right hand corner of the cursor so I can move it!

<rant>
Is anybody else even using PHOTO-PAINT? With Paint Shop Pro now under Corel is PHOTO-PAINT just going to disappear? I see all this new hype around Paint Shop Pro but nothing about PHOTO-PAINT.

I dunno, I think PHOTO-PAINT is a decent tool that has a lot of potential if given some TLC. Right now it just kind of seems like hey here's CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3, with CorelDRAW and Corel PowerTrace!!!... what? oh yeah that's right you get photopaint too.
</rant>
Old 11-04-2006, 18:47
CgNeophyte

While I would prefer to create my vector masks in one program, I did find out I can import the paths into PhotoPaint from other apps by using the Import Path command in PhotoPaints Paths docker. So I can create the vector mask in Draw and import to PhotoPaint.

This adds another step but IMO it actually saves time over fiddling with PhotoPaints path tools.