OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 02-04-2006, 07:02

Default UNLIMITED recent files dialog for CorelDraw with love

RecentFiles FREE & UNLIMITED for CorelDRAW
http://recentfiles.netfirms.com/

• Tracks up to 10000 documents that were Opened and SavedAs, since installation of the macro.
  • Welcome dialog replacement - just call it first time and enable "Open on startup" option. Uncheck "Delay load VBA" in Tools->Options->VBA
  • simple file center with fast searching, previews, Windows shell copy/move support, drag'n'drop and some before-unseen features.

Features
  • Works with CorelDraw 11, 12 & X3. Requires installation of VBA (usually it is installed automatically on default coreldraw setup)
  • Automatic tracking of opened/saved files (sometimes catches file only on its closing)
  • Doesn't interfere with your work, consumes no resources, automatically closes/minimizes or even popups when no docs opened! (Set in OPTIONS)
  • on-screen sorting and FastSearch of user-entered text in names/paths/dates and folders with results displayed instantly
  • CDR-Thumbnail preview with cdr-version, file size and date modified info
  • CDRinfo+ also shows number of pages, page size, dpi, used fonts, compression, bitmaps info (right click info area to change page units)
  • Icons for CDR documents in recent list (F3 to change view mode, or through right-click menu), 64x64 pixel in icon view mode for clear representation. Icon cache is maintained in the same folder as recentFiles.ini (history list), size is around 1MB per each 100 files-
    C:\Documents and Settings\**xpLogin**\Application Data\Corel\recentFiles.iconCache
  • folder contents pane (optional on right) with resizable thumbnail (right click it) not only for CDRs but also for CDT,CMX,DES,PAT,TIF,PSD,JPG,BMP,WMF,EMF,CRW,NEF,EPS - 90% of them showed instantly (using thumbnails inside), click thumbnail once to try to fetch high quality image out of tif/jpg (useful when you have resized thumbnail area by right clicking it)
  • SUBfolder preview for folders on single-click - see instantly what's there without exploring, click a file in preview area to jump to it
  • Pick-a-folder - invokes standard Explorer folder picker and while you navigate you will see it's contents in main window(!)
  • Favorite folders management (screen area is resizable)
  • Import & open of MULTIPLE files at once
  • New, New from template, Paste from clipboard into new doc, browse containing folder in Explorer
  • deleting from list (plus button to invoke automatic cleanup of non-existing files), deleting to recycle bin
  • Last active view (and page number) in saved document is restored on next open to facilitate resuming your work on exact moment you left it before (option)
  • automatic extraction of jpegs into CorelDraw document out of camera-raw .CRW & .NEF on import/drag'n'drop
  • Autotagging imported by recentFiles bitmaps with Bitmap name or/and path (see Options) that will be shown in status bar text in CorelDraw when you select a shape and also in properties [Lev's idea!]
  • LocateImg-button to locate on disk previously tagged-imported bitmap, Alt-click LocateImg button to search selected file in current document's tagged bitmaps
  • Drag-n-drop folder or a file from Explorer onto window or drag from the window anywhere
  • Shell cut/copy/paste - press those Ctrl-C,Ctrl-X,Ctrl-V keys while in lists to perform standard file management of Windows Explorer copy or move your files right here.
  • Freely resizable window (size is saved if checked in options), on-close/minimize window fading. Columns widths adjusting and retaining on next open (set in options). Two splitters for resizing folders area and favorites area, new size is saved (Set in options)
  • Keyboard control (see in help)
  • UI language customization

Last edited by wOxxOm; 26-02-2008 at 22:18. Reason: webhosting changed
Old 03-04-2006, 00:07

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Cool

This is pretty cool, going to play with it a little more, but so far I like what I see. Thanks,

Shelby
Old 03-04-2006, 08:25

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

I'm stoked. This is way cool. Thanks man...
Old 03-04-2006, 11:39

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Improvements

WOW! even better!

Shelby
Old 04-04-2006, 22:14

It kinda rocks now when I added more features I missed.
FastSearch idea is from AutoHotKey script "320mph - universal launcher"
Old 05-04-2006, 10:08
madhatter

Default Crashes when opening VBA

Upon clicking on Tools>visual basic>play, I get the screen below.
If I close debugger, I can then access other macros.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rick
Old 05-04-2006, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter
Upon clicking on Tools>visual basic>play, I get the screen below.
If I close debugger, I can then access other macros.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rick
First post is updated. The problem was in referencing Corel13 library.
You can manually turn that off in VisualBasicEditor->Tools->References and uncheck Corel 13 vector library
Old 05-04-2006, 13:56
madhatter

Default Recent files

I opened the VB editor, could not find the reference to Corel 13 Library, I am running Ver 12.
After closing editor, even though I did nothing, it is working fine.
Imagine that.
Thanks
Rick
Old 05-04-2006, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter
I opened the VB editor, could not find the reference to Corel 13 Library, I am running Ver 12.
After closing editor, even though I did nothing, it is working fine.
Imagine that.
Thanks
Rick
I imagine that Corel12 resaved & recompiled gms, so the problem has gone.
Newer version is in first post - some thumbnails were not showed correctly, so I fixed that
Old 06-04-2006, 15:06

Default new features added

New from template
To make this work you will need to assign CtrlShiftN key to "File->New from template". To assign a key : open any document, click File, then right-click "New from template" and choose Customize->Menu Item->Properties. In a window appeared go to second tab "Shortcut keys", click NewShortcut editbox, press CtrlShiftN, click Assign button, then Ok

Minimize/maximize window

Cancel processing rest of selected files with Escape key

clean-up non-existing entries from list

After sorting list is focused in new position of previously current item - very useful if you want to look what other files were open from this folder

Show version icon & ver.number plus fileSize in kb & lastModifiedDate

Last edited by wOxxOm; 08-04-2006 at 16:47.