OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2012, 17:49
longline

Default [CD12] VBA Macro works but hangs CD12

Hallo everybody!
First of all, please excuse me for my English, also please consider that I'm translating some terms from the Italian version of softwares...

I've written a long and complex VBA code for Corel Draw 12: its execution takes a very long time to be completed. While it runs, CorelDraw freezes and hangs, and in its title bar I can read "(Not responding)". However the code always succesfully complete its operations.

The problem is that this code is for people that maybe would force close CorelDraw without waiting this process to be terminated, thinking that everyting's blocked.

How can I prevent this not-responding state?

I have tried showing a MsgBox every 15 seconds. It says that everything's ok and asks for continuing. In this case the program freezes after about 9 secs, then after 6 the MsgBox pops up. It demonstrates that everything's ok, but this would be annoying: some executions could last for minutes!

Can you please give me any hint to solve? Please consider that I could also show a Form with some kind of messages.

Thank you!