OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 20-04-2007, 02:50
norbert_ds

Default Resizing Line Segments

Hi all,

I've run into a bit of an problem. Not at all a Scripting problem but a UI problem. I've had users working on Corel 7 for few years now and we've just implemented X3 more so for its scripting capabilities.

In Corel X3's user Interface however, if we resize a Line Segment via the transform pallette, we are not able to node edit that segment but if we resize the line via the Properties pallette, we can resize it.

I don't know if there is any setting that I can do to release this sort of lock that is happenning?

Please help!
Thanks
Norbert
Old 20-04-2007, 03:25

1. there is no way to resize individual curve segments via standard Transform docker (AltF7 etc)

2. to resize group of nodes in node edit mode - first select at least two nodes, then click NodeScale button in NodeEditPropertyBar.

P.S. X3 has broken node scale function - it is sclaing the selected group of nodes in relation to whole object's center, not of selected nodes' as it was before (in v12). So either don't use it and wait for X4 (will they fix this bug ever????) or code a simple macro with a form that will do the node scaling correctly - quite easily done indeed, I have a macro built for my needs (a few lines) that scales the selected node group in 1% increments relative to their temporary center
Old 23-04-2007, 00:17
norbert_ds

Thanks for this,

I was not trying to edit nodes using the Transform docker. What I did was I resized my Line's width in the Transform Docker. Then using the shape tool I tried moving a node around but it wouldn't let me do it.

However, if I resize my line using the properties palette, and then try to move a node around using the shape tool, it works.

Strange!!

Hope you could help me figure this one out!

Regards
Norbert
Old 23-04-2007, 01:52

I can't reproduce the problem with information given. Please provide detailed steps by steps instruction how to encounter the problem and attach a screenshot maybe
Old 23-04-2007, 10:34
Administrator

I think I might know what's going on. When you edit any properties in a docker, it keeps the mouse/keyboard input until you click somewhere in the document. Once you do that, you can use the mouse/keyboard for regular editing.

I guess what happens is that you enter some values in the transform docker and then try click and drag a node, then nothing happens because the first click just activates the document window. And you need to click one more time to actually select a node and drag it.

I believe this has been fixed in the most recent service pack for CGS X3 though...
Old 23-04-2007, 18:34
norbert_ds

No Alex,

Clicking into the document after resizing in the transform pallette OR deselecting the object and then selecting it and then trying to use the shape tool doesn't work!

Cheers
Norbert
Old 23-04-2007, 22:35
Administrator

Do you have a sample file that exhibits this behaviour?
Old 23-04-2007, 22:38

1. what's your active view mode? Wireframe? I had similar problems with node editing in Wireframe mode on original X3 at my old PC with radeon9600. Now I have no problems with Wireframe and node selecting, editing.

2. why do you think it is convenient to use docker to manipulate outline???? I personally dislike all of the dockers except ObjectManager and never ever use them :-) almost every function can be put into toolbars
Old 24-04-2007, 01:08
norbert_ds

View Mode is normal.

Its just that the users have become accustomed to be doing it that way in Corel 7. It was a big task in the first place to get them to agree on using X3 and would like to give them as much of feel in X3 as of Corel 7.

Thanks
Norbert