OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 11-04-2012, 08:11

Default Windows update and compile error

Windows 7 just updated yesterday, and I think one of the security updates broke something in VBA. This happened on two systems configured similarly. In the recent files macro (of course, what else?) as soon as I try to run it, it pops up the error

"Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found"

Then it selects this bit of code:

Code:
Option Explicit
I have no idea what this bit of code does. If I comment it out, I don't get the error, but it doesn't run either. I'm currently not using Draw X6 because recent files doesn't work in it, and I've come to depend greatly on recent files.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Reference

It means that you are missing a reference, take a look here:

If you see this error....

Also, you can check the references to see which one is missing by opening the VBA editor on the menu go to Tools | References. Is should list the reference you are missing as missing. :-)

-Shelby
Old 11-04-2012, 16:05

Ahhh..... thanks. Had to fiddle a bit then I remembered to run it as administrator (the .bat that comes with the files) one of the regsvr commands failed, but the other one worked and that seems to have fixed it.

Thanks again. Now if it was only so simple to get it working in Draw X6, I get the same error but for this code:

Code:
Function ActiveCtl() As Control
And it selects the same reference, Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library, so something in that must have changed I guess.

Last edited by L_G_D; 11-04-2012 at 16:10.
Old 13-04-2012, 09:07
Dave Rowland

I appear to have mixed machines reporting the same failure... windows update is all i can think of too...

according to my windows installer log... office 2007, .net and visual C++ libraries have been updated

UPDATE:-

After researching, it appears windows update did install something, you have to delete MSComctlLib.exd from the following location and it all goes back to normal.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\forms

Last edited by Dave Rowland; 13-04-2012 at 10:14.
Old 13-04-2012, 15:29

Interesting, if I get rid of the file mentioned, now it gives me a type mismatch error on this line:

Code:
cc.lpCustColors = VarPtr(customColors(0))
With VarPtr highlighted, which, apparently, according to google is a 32 bit memory access function, so it's probably been replaced by a 64 bit function? Stabbing in the dark there, since I have no idea.

sigh......

Last edited by L_G_D; 13-04-2012 at 15:48.
Old 15-04-2012, 00:53

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default VarPtr

VarPtr will return a LongPtr on 64-bit systems and a Long on 32-bit systems.

-Shelby
Old 15-04-2012, 08:49

OK, guessing here, does that mean I have to try changing all longs to longptr?

As in: Dim x as long
to
Dim x as longptr?

If not, then I have no idea what you're talking about, way beyond my skills.
Old 16-04-2012, 17:09

Default Long

Not all Long DataTypes need changed to LongPtr, only those API Functions that now return LongPtr, and of course in this case your VarPtr. If you want me to look at your code and help make changes send me a private message and I will help out.

-Shelby
Old 18-04-2012, 12:08

This is for the Recent Files macro I already sent you, still hoping to get it working.
Old 19-04-2012, 13:14

Default Recent Files

Recent Files is going to take some work to get working under X6, I have it on my list, but trying to get some of the other Macros knocked out first.

-Shelby