OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Feature requests/wishlist

Old 13-10-2005, 09:04
Walter

Default I thought id make a new thread so it would be seen

Is there a way and I know its a very big ask if the makers of Coreldraw can make their effects "realtime"

I was brosing the xara site and came accross there new product, there is no way it can compete with draw but the live view looked intersting
If the makers of Coreldraw could somehow impliment this It would make it so far infront of any other vector programe
Please dont flame me for talking about another application I just thought it would be interesting to see if its something that can be done with Corel

www.xara.com

The programe is Extreme watch the video and you will see what I mean
Old 07-06-2006, 00:43
sallybode

Xara was at one time a part of CorelDRAW and thus there are a lot of similar features, drop shadows and transparency are nearly the same. Xara has a lot which is cool and it is fast and does a lot for what you can buy it for.

I use Xara at work but rarely, I have to use Illustrator because there is no getting around it at times because files come in in Illustrator. I work mostly in CorelDRAW and have gotten good enough at PhotoPaint that I don't have to use Photoshop nearly as often.

The realtime effects of Xara, I am assuing are the new effects that you can use plugins that remain editable. If you are using many of them, you are better off in a bitmap program because you cannot make the freight train move.

DRAW is a great program and does a lot of stuff, and I love the ability to make is mould itself to how I work, it makes my work so fast.

Even so, if it could pull itself up just a little more...

For every advance there are probably a dozen who stand and scoff that it cannot be done. However, if DRAW is going to survive the Adobe wars, it has to be smarter and faster than Illustrator, by a whole lot.

People say you cannot get a soft feathered edge in DRAW, just haven't tried to rethink the tools which are present. You can do about whatever you imagine.