OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 18-06-2018, 23:05

Default Linked connection with an Access database

Hi,
I've tried a number of searches on this which mostly point to print merge solutions which I'm not sure is suitable for my need.
I have an Access database which stores information in a table about designs which are created using CorelDraw. My client has over 6000 designs accumulated since 2003.
The designs effectively display this stored information in makeshift 'fields' at the bottom of the design as you can see in my sample attached, (these are just rectangles and text objects at the moment). Each design has a corresponding record in the 'Designs' table of the Access database.
I'd love to be able to pull this information into 'real' fields (text boxes) in the drawing via say a drop-down box which then populates the other fields if the record exists in the database. Or vise versa, store the data entered into the fields in the drawing as a new record in the database (with the ability to validate the data entered etc).
Is this beyond the realms of possibility?
Attached Images