OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 08-08-2005, 03:08

Question 1 color by layer

Hello,

first at all apologies for this newbie question,
with CD11, is there a way to split automaticaly my design into layers, where layer contains only object of a same color under ?

Thanks for all.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:53
Administrator

You can do this using several methods, but none of them is easy. The most straightforward would be to use Edit>Find and Replace>Find Objects menu to locate objects of specific color. For example, search for all Red-filled objects, have the Find & Replace Wizard select all red objects, then create a new layer and move all the red objects onto it, then continue with green, blue or whatever else you have in your drawing.

Another thing that can be done is to use VBA and write a macro. This isn't as straightforward but once done, can be used to do the job very quickly.

However it is quite ambiguous in my mind. If you have an object with a fountain fill from red to blue, which layer will you place it onto? Or a blend group, contour or even if you have a photo in your drawing? I guess you don't have that kind of a drawing, but still just wanted to point this out.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:41

Many thanks alex, as i am not a master in VBA and macro, i have use the first method..was long but ...but it is done. (but for sure next time i must think of vba to speed it up.)

Just to answer your question, i was sure all object got only one color, no photo, no object with a fountain fill from x to y, only object without outlines