OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 18-01-2006, 13:42
Administrator

Default CorelDRAW X3, thoughts?

So, what are your thoughts regarding CorelDRAW X3? Good, bad?
Old 21-01-2006, 10:17
Kursad

X3 is cool

Many major bugs fixed,

for example;

http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthread.php?t=1020

and partially

http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthread.php?t=1021

-------------------------------------------------

and enhancements very good. I will use more for details.

Last edited by Kursad; 21-01-2006 at 10:27.
Old 22-01-2006, 11:00
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursad
According to my info, this particular bug was fixed directly in response to your post here. So, it pays to post at oberonplace.com
Old 23-01-2006, 08:39
Kursad

Quote:
According to my info, this particular bug was fixed directly in response to your post here. So, it pays to post at oberonplace.com
certainly you are right

Another subject of X3; drop shadows...
properties of drop shadows is cool in X3, for example there are "blendings modes" multiply, add, etc. at the shadow of X3...

but when i brake apart shadows, shadows defines as rectangular...

why are there this definition?

apology for bad english...

Last edited by Kursad; 23-01-2006 at 08:41.
Old 23-01-2006, 10:47
Administrator

Dropshadows used to be just a bitmap generated from an object, now it is a rectangle with bitmap transparency lens. Looks the same but has definite advantages.

Once you separate the dropshadow from the object you can change the color of that dropshadow by just applying different fill color to the rectangle, or you can apply a linear fountain fill for a nice perspective affect on the shadow, or if you want you can apply a texture fill, or pattern fill. Previously, once you separate a dropshadow, you can't change it because it is just a bitmap...
Old 24-01-2006, 01:51
Seelenquell

i just reinstalled my X3..

wanted to use a printingstyle (in german "Druckstil") from good old CD12.. so i imported it. all was good but next time there was an error-msg that in "the" folder wasn´t any style-information. then i must click on "OK" and the X3 closed in no time.

sometimes my workspace from CD12 goes weird. a toolbar from myself with my own scripts attached is sometimes there, sometimes not. so far all my scripts (VBA) are in function.

there are sweet new functions such as round an edge (in german "Abrunden").

i definitively use now the new X3.

but there is NO barcode-implementation in VBA yet. and no VBA-Saveas with integrated font.
Old 25-01-2006, 03:22
meandirtyjoe

Default A great disappointment...

Hi everyone

unfortunately Corel Draw remains a program mostly for playing and not for professional usage. I've been using Corel Draw since version 3 and it's very sad to see that after all these years (and ten versions) basic things for professional usage remain incomplete.
I didn't have the time to check X3 a lot but a few things i've checked weren't fixed.
-Externally linked bitmaps. Not fixed. I've contacted Corel about this a few months ago but they didn't do anything. Still, a feature that can not be used because it's incomplete. The "Prepare for Service Bureau" action gathers all the
bitmaps to a specified folder together with a copy of the .cdr file but the paths are not updated. So, if you store the project on a cd/dvd rom it's useless because if the file is opened it misses all the links to the files. You have to update each and everyone bitmap one-by-one.

-Fonts' kerning tables on other than english languages are not used by Corel Draw.

-No support for Features (ligatures etc.) of Open Type fonts.

Plus, i have the impression that X3 is much slower than version 12.
What a disappointment...