OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 23-05-2006, 13:45
mgmcs

Question how to distribute a macro file

hi,
i have a client who uses coreldraw. But he is not very conversant with the s/w. I have created a macro. I want to dispatch it to him so that the task that he needs to do is automated. He only needs to execute the macro.

How do i distribute the macros to him ? i dont wish to send him a text file & let him copy paste it. Is there any way with which the macro can be installed into his corel s/w with some setup ? or do we need to run some script ?
thanks in advance,
maggie
Old 23-05-2006, 14:54

I would use some free installer. Nullsoft or InnoSetup something like that (small and efficient). they support scripting neccessary to read registry and determine installation dir of corelDraw for example and more more more
Old 23-05-2006, 15:47
mgmcs

i think its something got to do with the "gms" file in corel. but i dont know exactly how its done. or maybe by exporting the workspace like we do in VB. There will definitely by an option in corel itself. i am still working on it. any help will be appreciated.
Old 24-05-2006, 15:56
mgmcs

Thumbs up

ok i figured this out. just want to share it with everyone-
1. create a blank gms file in the GMS folder of coreldraw. (C:/program files/corel/../Draw/GMS folder).
2. restart corel if its open
3. At the time of macro creation, for the option 'store macro in' select this gms file.
4. and record your macro.
distribute this gms to others. all they need to do is copy & paste this file into their GMS folder . thats it ! very simple. they can use the macro now.

-- end of thread --
Old 25-05-2006, 08:23
Administrator

Here is just a bit more info on creating new GMS modules: http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/newgms.htm