OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 16-06-2006, 07:38
bloodgroove

Angry having to dbl click in X3 for tools to work

I am having to double click on my page to get any of my tools to work. I select a tool and then try to use it but have to click twice to get it to function. The line tool,the magnifying glass etc.. If someting is still selected I can single click and have it work. This double click problem started when I switched to 10 and has continued with X3. Is there no longer a way to set a nudge value as a default? I'm having to set it in each document I create. I was able to do it in 9.
I also miss the one-shot zoom and one-shot pan from 9 as well.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 16-06-2006, 09:58
sallybode

If you have a custom workspace or anything else you've customized, save it or keep track of what you did. On booting DRAW X3, hold down the F8 key and this will reset X3 to default and your troubles should melt away. But your customized stuff will too, like keyboard shortcuts. The workspace you can save and I print out of Options my keyboard shortcuts so that I can more easily restore them if I do have to reset.

On zoom, the Z key works to enter zoom, H for hand, and you are panning. You have the View Manager which is a Zoom memory docker and you can set and restore various zoom levels. This View Docker has "One Shot Zoom " on it or you can just use F2 instead.

The space bar hit once when you are not using the Text Tool, reselects the last tool you were using. This really speeds things up.

Double clicking on the pick tool is "Select All".

To find your specific area more easily, the lower right-hand box on your desktop changes to crosshairs when you hover over it and then you have mega pan, just move the mouse when click is held down and you can move anywhere, just like that.

Nudge values can be changed at any time by double clicking on the ruler but if you want to save this as default, before exiting Options, there is also "Documents" in the left windows which can be expanded. Click here and set current settings as default. This works for everything except guidelines, unless you check this off too.
Old 16-06-2006, 13:39
Administrator

Wait till service pack is released. This problem should be addressed there...
Old 16-06-2006, 13:46
bloodgroove

thanks for the info