OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 05-12-2004, 14:53
bumblebee

Default changing Caption

Its a small thing and maybe i am not looking at the correct place...

I have linked a coreldraw menu item called insert new object ..which is under edit menu .
I have created a button on my customised toolbar so that I click on button and it opens the insert new object form .
how do i change the caption of that form to engraver-insert new object.
basically engraver is the company title.
and i have it for every form which I have designed .I knwo how to do it for the form which I have created but how to do it for the above which corel provides.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2004, 22:18
Administrator

Default Re: changing Caption

Unfortunately you can't change the dialog caption (at least easily). In fact, this dialog comes from Windows, and not even from CorelDRAW. This is one of those "Common" dialogs provided by Windows.

I think there might be another way you can achieve what you want if you show this dialog on your own and change its title by using SetWindowText API function and then once you have the OLE object class ID etc you can use CorelDRAW 12's InsertOLEObject command to insert the object in the document.

It is not very easy but still doable. You might want to look up the description of Windows' OleUIInsertObject function which will show this dialog in MSDN. I hope you will get enough information from there...
Old 06-12-2004, 08:12
bumblebee

sounds like little work .
but how do i change caption for dialogue boxes provided by DRAW

like the insert barcode.
the tilte is barcode wizard .I want to change the title to engraver-bar code wizard.
is that possible

thanks
Old 08-12-2004, 22:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
is that possible
Well, yes and no. There is no direct way to do that. However you can install a hook into Windows which will monitor for all open windows and if it finds one with "Barcode Wizard" title, it can change it to whatever using SetWindowText API function... Not all that easy but not impossible completely...

Also note that Barcode Wizard is a separate application. It's not actually CorelDRAW's dialog.
Old 13-12-2004, 06:00
Seelenquell

hi there,

i could be wrong but isn´t there the

form.caption value?

see the pic below..

best regards,

S.R.
Attached Images

Old 13-12-2004, 07:01
Administrator

Yes, you are right. It is the Caption property on a form, however the discussion here isn't about VBA forms but about CorelDRAW native dialogs which VBA has no control over...
Old 13-12-2004, 09:13
Seelenquell

ok sorry, my fault