OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 24-02-2006, 06:57
excessiveforce

Default Create a cut order for from Corel.

Hello, I am hoping I can get an answer to my post without a photo so here it goes. At my company we have several large routers that cut using very simple routing software. For safety and quality reasons, we route out the sheet metal in a certain order. The software however is terrible and the only way to change the order is to grab the object in a layers menu, just like Corel Draw, and drag it in position for the cut order you want. I just recently discovered that I can do the same thing in Corel and the route program will recognize the cut order from Corel. What I would like to know, is there a way I can create a script that will allow me to click on the objects I want to cut by placing them in the appropriate order. Basically it would work like this: Start Script-> Send to back (or front) is activated-> Click first object(object then goes to back)->Send to back is still active and then your proceed to click on the next object(object goes behind first object->Continue this process until you have the order you want and then stop the script. If you don't understand this I will gladly try and post a graphic description. Thank you for reading.
Old 24-02-2006, 07:47

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

Actualy there is a very easy way to do this without VBA or a script. Select the object you want to send to back and hold shift while pressing the Page Down key. This will send the object to the bottom of the stack of objects on that layer. Keep doing this in turn for each object. When you are finished, you will have the first object you selected at the top of the stack and last one is at the bottom.

I hope this helps. If you need them to actually go to new layers, then you may have to write a script. Let us know if this is the case.
Old 24-02-2006, 09:56
excessiveforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddonnahoe
Actualy there is a very easy way to do this without VBA or a script. Select the object you want to send to back and hold shift while pressing the Page Down key. This will send the object to the bottom of the stack of objects on that layer. Keep doing this in turn for each object. When you are finished, you will have the first object you selected at the top of the stack and last one is at the bottom.

I hope this helps. If you need them to actually go to new layers, then you may have to write a script. Let us know if this is the case.
Thanks, I have done this. The only problem is sometimes we will route out over 100 pieces in a sheet and it can get very tedious using the shortcut key over and over again. We had an older route program that worked exactly the way I want it to but it has been phased out.
Old 24-02-2006, 10:27

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

Let me work on something over the weekend and I will send it to you on Monday. Do you wan the items on a new layer for each item or all on the same layer, just stacked in a certain order?
Old 24-02-2006, 11:34
excessiveforce

Quote:
Let me work on something over the weekend and I will send it to you on Monday. Do you wan the items on a new layer for each item or all on the same layer, just stacked in a certain order?
Just stacked would be perfect. Thank you. Also, where can I go to learn how to do my own scripts? I can do very, very basic scripts but that's about it.
Old 24-02-2006, 12:08

Search for this file in your Corel installation folder on your hard-drive. dvba_pg.pdf It has a wealth of information for begginers in VBA. Also, post here with any questions you may have or search older posts to find answers to everyday questions.
Old 25-02-2006, 05:23
excessiveforce

Quote:
Search for this file in your Corel installation folder on your hard-drive. dvba_pg.pdf It has a wealth of information for begginers in VBA. Also, post here with any questions you may have or search older posts to find answers to everyday questions.
Great thank you.