OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 21-03-2006, 00:27
daniello

Default Dotted and dashed lines

Hi all,
one of the creeps that Draw has given me for years is about dotted/dashed lines when you are using 90 or degree or smaller angles angles .. for example in flowcharting.

Draw places the dots evenly spaced according to the actual path lengths. What I really need would be something that touches up the corners. In 99 percent of the cases the corners are ugly. This is even the case when you define a rectangle with a dotted or dashed outline. No chance getting a dot to sit exactly on the corner.

In QuarkXPress for example the corners always look perfect when a dashed line is used.

Is there a macro or something around that might solve this problem in draw ?
Old 22-03-2006, 09:48
JSC

I agree. Everyone in our company using Corel for doing diagraming, flow charts, and schemeatics has expressed this desire at one time or another.

I wish there was a way to assure that all endpoints and "corners" at least have a minimum sized dash.

Perhaps expressed as minimum % of the size specified in the line "style" of the Outline Pen dialog?
Old 08-04-2006, 18:46
sallybode

Just because DRAW offers dotted lines does not mean that this is the best way to create the line, as you say, the corners don't work. But you can start with the DRAW line for ease of height and width and convert to curves and break it apart, then get rid of all the stuff in the middle. and make a blend from the first object to the last. Then you can alt select the end object and nudge it where it needs to go.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:32
daniello

Unhappy

Hmm .. a line is a curve .. nothing to convert to. Breaking it apart and removing the stuff in the middle doesn't work either .. what should remain .. just the end nodes ?
Could you pls be a bit more precise on your instructions - maybe you do have a good workaround but I'd like to follow.
Old 29-05-2006, 22:18
sallybode

When you convert to curves you get a lot of little pieces of lines and then you can ungroup them.

In flow charts, you probably use similar size boxes repeatedly. I'd create reusable boxes and but them in symbols which are fixed already.

You might try using OLE to link to a Quark box when you need that function.