OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 04-06-2013, 22:27

Default X6 Export PNG with transparent background

I set the exportfilter to include transparency but I'm getting a black background and if I open the resulting png in Corel Paint there is no object or mask. How can I get a PNG with a transparent background. Thanks:

Code:

FilePth = "D:\"
    strName = "test.png"

Dim expfltPNG As ExportFilter

Set expfltPNG = ActiveDocument.ExportBitmap(FilePth + strName, cdrPNG, cdrSelection, cdrPalettedImage, 1000, 1000, _
    300, 300, cdrNormalAntiAliasing, True, True, False, False, cdrCompressionNone)

With expfltPNG
        .Interlaced = True
        .InvertMask = False
        .ColorIndex = 1
        .Finish
    End With

Set expfltPNG = Nothing
Old 05-06-2013, 18:40

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Png

This is working for me with X6. Have a small sample file you would like to attached and I can verify against it.

-Shelby
Old 05-06-2013, 21:26

Thanks Shelby, which version of X6 are you using? I'm using the original version with no service packs. As for a sample, just draw an elipse. If I export it by hand I get transparency and no black background, but using the code fails.
Old 07-06-2013, 19:02

Here are two files that show the difference between exporting by hand and using the code.:
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2013, 11:56

Default SP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowbodynow View Post
Thanks Shelby, which version of X6 are you using? I'm using the original version with no service packs. As for a sample, just draw an elipse. If I export it by hand I get transparency and no black background, but using the code fails.
Is there a reason you have not updated to any of the SP's? There were a couple of Methods depreciated in X6.1.

I too tried the macro and .ColorIndex failed, so I commented it out and changed the image type from Paletted to RGB (It worked with Paletted as well) and it exports fine with Transparency.
Old 08-06-2013, 14:06

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Png

I was testing with X6 64-bit Update 1 (16.1.0.843)

-Shelby
Old 08-06-2013, 23:34

Thanks, Steve, the changes you suggested worked. I'm avoiding updating Corel products because I don't agree with the new membership scheme and particularly dislike having to accept a new terms of service agreement in order to update. Like Foster Coburn there are several terms I don't want to agree to. I might have reached the end of the line with Corel unless they change their approach - not likely I'm sure.
Old 10-06-2013, 17:01

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowbodynow View Post
Thanks, Steve, the changes you suggested worked. I'm avoiding updating Corel products because I don't agree with the new membership scheme and particularly dislike having to accept a new terms of service agreement in order to update. Like Foster Coburn there are several terms I don't want to agree to. I might have reached the end of the line with Corel unless they change their approach - not likely I'm sure.
Glad I could be of help. There are some parts of the terms of service I don't care for much, myself, but I must use CorelDRAW to make a living so am just dealing with them. You know they really haven't changed that much from earlier versions and have you looked at the Adobe CC legals?

It will take more than that to kick me off Corel's bandwagon.