OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 15-03-2006, 15:55
HomeDesignerDavid

Default Looking for VBA or Corel Script for cabinet design

I work at a Design-Build firm creating homes for the high-end residential market. Our firm currently has four Corel Draw users; we use the program primarily for various presentation graphics tasks. Also, I have used Corel to create science fiction artwork that is my main hobby (you can see samples of this work at www.dcmstarships.com).

I have been given the task of devising a way for Corel Draw to create 2D interior home elevations with cabinets on them. My boss believes that Corel Draw will be easier for our interior designer and design assistant to use than the heavy duty 3D CAD program, ArchiCAD 8.1, that we employ for our construction drawings. I am looking for a free-lancer to create some custom Corel Draw scripts to aid in this task.

My intention is to create a library of 2D symbols of various cabinet front views for the users to move around on the drawing and snap in place. The challenge I am facing is that we need to stretch these symbols to various lengths and heights without disturbing the proportions of the details on the symbols. I wonder if a custom script could be used to achieve this functionality. Also, I see the need for a custom script that can, via a simple dialogue box, create various styles of cabinet doors.

I am hoping to find a suitable free-lance Corel Draw script writer for this task. Any help or suggestions that OberonPlace forum users could provide would be deeply appreciated.
Old 22-02-2007, 01:34
elcid

Default You better try Sketch up instead of corel

I have a relative who is using sketchup. Its free´, it´s easy and it's fast.
Primarily he sells furniture.

You can get the software at

http://sketchup.google.com/

U can become a sketchup expert in less than one day
Old 22-03-2011, 18:25
fungel

Default Scrappy Book

I use scrappy book.

Eg just create item in Corel Draw, drop and drag to Windows Explorer window.
Default Name is called "Scap". Rename the item.
Then when needed you can drop and drag back from Windows Explorer window.

It's a pretty neat solution.

You can rename all the Scaps in Explorer to give you more information on each design you have created.

Hope this helps,

Fungel