OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Feature requests/wishlist

Old 14-04-2006, 20:18
Wendy Hurst

Default Self designed meshes

It would be great if, in addition to the automatic placing of mesh fills currently (CorelDraw10) provided, one could place end nodes for mesh fills exactly where one needed them on the object outline and then continue to build the mesh so that the shape of colour patches is most appropriate to the object. Maybe this is available in later versions...in which case I will upgrade!!
Old 17-04-2006, 14:40

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

Not quite sure I understand you correctly or not (since I never had v10) but you should try the X3 demo. You can download it fromel Corel.com. I believe what you are asking for has been added in recent versions.

As a side note, Mesh fill is much easier to use if you start with a 1 x 1 grid and manipulate it as needed.

Also, check out this site... http://www.mormegil.wincustomize.com...&AID=64354&u=0
Old 18-04-2006, 19:51
Wendy Hurst

Default More on meshes

Thanks for the web site link. Unfortunately as I am in a remote area of B.C.on dial up, my connection is too slow to be able to play video clips...unless I am prepared to wait for 40min!!

What I would like to be able to do is:
Start with an empty shape, go into mesh mode with a mesh of 1, add a node at a specific point on the outline and draw a mesh line to a node at another point on the outline specified by me. When I add the first node , Corel takes over and draws the mesh line where it assumes is most appropriate.

Is 3x capable of this?
Old 19-04-2006, 08:55

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

Unofrtunately, this is still a limitation in X3. If Alex has started a thread for an X4 wish list, I would suggest putting this request on there. I will second it. Corel needs to hear from at least 8 people on a topic to even give a thought consideration.

On second thought, If you add the mesh node that Corel automatically draws for you then go to the shape tool (node editing) you can move the nodes where ever you want. To maintain shape consistency, you should probably change all the segements to line instead of curve before moving them. You can always change them back when you are done moving nodes. And, in case you didn't know, if you hold the CTRL key while moving an object or node, it will constrain to the X or Y coordinates.

Also, If you private message me a mailing address, I will send you a CD with the videos from that site. This goes for any one insterest, who can not download them due to a slow connection.
Old 20-04-2006, 14:16
Wendy Hurst

Default Mesh wish list

Thanks for the tip Saun...Making the nodes straight instead of curved certainly helps in moving them around...However one can still easily end up with a messy and complex outline which one then has to convert back to curves and try and nudge into the appropriate shape (in my case often leaves or petals). I would prefer to get the outline shape as correct as possible before adding the mesh..

However since I don't understand the complex math behind meshes, I don't know whether what I am asking for is even possible!!
Old 20-04-2006, 15:57

It is always best to start out with a square and add your mesh to that. Then manipulate the outer edges of the mesh to your shape. Doing this allows you to get better control of added grid lines. Rather than starting with a custom outline shape. You will see this put to example in the videos.
Old 26-04-2006, 19:03
Wendy Hurst

Default Moving mesh nodes on outline of object

I think what I'm looking for is a feature similar to that in Illustrator CS where you can slide mesh nodes along the outline of an object to where you want them (using alt + drag) without affecting the outline shape of the object.
Old 03-11-2006, 14:27
zoom4267@aol.com

i agree withyou wendy, in x3 i manipulating the mesh is very easy but there are still times i want to move nodes or get rid of one and i cant

Lisa