OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 07-07-2008, 15:05
jahmer

Default External symbol libraries and file size

Just hoping to get some insight into this problem / issue.

I was hoping to be able to use an external library of symbol's to help keep down the file size in my projects (the program loves to rash when they get too big, around 10 megs.) The idea was that since I am not keeping the symbol inside the actual project file, I am linking to a external file that will pull in the symbol, then the file sizes would be smaller.

However, this does not seem to be the case as some testing (creating a blank file, one with internal symbols, and one with identical external symbols) has shown that both internal and external symbol libraries end up leaving files that are the same size.

Is the program still copying in all the symbol data when I use symbols from an external symbol library?
Is there really any use for external symbol libraries if not to keep down file size?
Any insight would be great.
-Thanks