OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Oberon Products > CurveWorks

Old 31-01-2005, 09:46
Anonymous

Default CurveWorks does not work properly

Hi I just downloaded the product (Curve Works) but cannot figure out why it does not do what it is supposed to do.

I am using CorelDraw11. After installation of CurveWorks, the CurveWorks icons appeared. However, pressing an icon does not lead to any action. (In advance I had drawn two objects and converted them into "curves"). CurveWorks works well if being started via the VBA-Manager. But in this case I have to click several times for only one operation, i.e. displaying curve statistics, etc. Pressing a button would be much faster.

Any hints how to install CurveWorks would be appreciated.

(I hope I could express my question correctly since I am no native speaker)

Regards,

Schollinsky
Old 31-01-2005, 10:27
Administrator

Default Re: CurveWorks does not work properly

Try the following:

1. Uninstall CurveWorks through Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs.
2. Start CorelDRAW and hold down F8 untill you see a message box about resetting your workspace. Answer Yes.
3. Close CorelDRAW
4. Install CurveWorks again
5. Start CorelDRAW and see if the buttons work now.

Please let me know how it goes.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:15
Anonymous

Dear Alex,

thanx for your immediate reply. Unfortunately your tips did not cure my CurveWorks-problem. All buttons are shown in Corel, however, pressing them does not lead to any action. Pressing the Short-cut key combination does not work either. I really have to start Visual Basic manually, than open the CurveWorks macro etc....

Thanks anyway. Any other idea?

I tried to run GetArea before installing CurveWorks (unavailingly). Can both programs possibly somehow cause the problem?

Greetings from Germany,

Schollinsky
Old 01-02-2005, 14:34
Administrator

You are running German CorelDRAW, right? Maybe that's the problem. Anyway, I know that workspaces in pre-12 app are somewhat flaky and not too stable, but that's CorelDRAW's problem and I don't think I can do much about it.

However what I would suggest to you is to create all the buttons yourself. Just reset your workspace to the factory defaults (F8 at startup). Then go to Tools>Customization>Commands>Macros and then add all those macro buttons to toolbars. You can download the CurveWorks icons for the buttons from http://www.oberonplace.com/products/...x.htm#Download

You can get some more info on customizing toolbars from CorelDRAW's online help and from some of the discussions on this site, such as the following:

http://www.oberonplace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=214

This should help.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:02
Anonymous

Dear Alex,

thank you ever so much. I finally succeeded in integrating the buttons. The tools work and seem to be very helpful.
You will here from me again as soon as the evaluation period is over for registration (I am shure that I will be able to convince my boss to register...).

Thanx again for your brilliant support.

Regards,

Schollinsky

P.S: You are right. I am using the German CorelDraw version.