OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 11-02-2010, 10:22

Default Setting document outline unit from macro

Draw lets you set the outline unit separately from the document unit of measure - how do I set it from a macro? What I want to do is when I open an old file that has it's outline unit set to points, to run the macro and it will set the outline unit to inches.

I know you can set the document unit to whatever you want in a macro, but I don't see any way to set the outline unit - if you want to create an outline in a macro in a unit different than the document unit, you have to switch the document unit, create your outline, then switch it back - is there no way to change the outline unit via macro?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:47

Hi.
Changing doc units is very fast in a macro and shouldn't be a problem to switch and switch back.

You could also use ConvertUnits() to get your calculation.

-John

Last edited by runflacruiser; 11-02-2010 at 11:48. Reason: spelling
Old 11-02-2010, 12:47

Yes, but I don't want to change the document units, I want to leave them alone. I want to change the outline units, essentially so that they match the document units.

All my docs are in inches, I want the macro to automatically change the outline units to inches as well, so that a new outline is created (by the user, not a macro) in inches instead of whatever outline unit was saved with the doc. See, we have a bunch of old docs with the outline unit set in points, and the user creates a new object and sets an outline to a certain value that we use, not realizing that the doc is set to points, and gets a really thin line in points instead of the normal line thickness we use in inches.

Hope that makes sense, the macro is a standard one we run when we open an old doc to bring it's settings up to what we have standardized on, outline units being the one hold out I can't set from a macro.