OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 19-07-2011, 06:03
monographix

Question Externally linked files

I am looking for a plugin / macro or something regarding externally linked files that

1. enables custom (or full) resolution of the file preview

2. adds edit option that edits the file in its assigned application (eg .psd in photoshop)

3. then after saving by that application, having the preview in CD being updated, if not automatically, at least by means of a click

4. retains simple relative path linking to file, allowing easy, reliable, copying / transfer of files to removable media or network or drives.
Old 20-07-2011, 20:14

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Plugin / Macros

Here are a few macros that might do what you need.

1. Full Resolution of Linked Bitmaps

You can change the rendering resolution in the registry but it is for all Linked Images. If I recall it is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\CorelDRAW\15.0\Draw\Application Preferences\Bitmaps\Preview Resolution\

By default it is 45, you can change higher, just be warned I believe it will increase the size of your file.

2. adds edit option that edits the file in its assigned application (eg .psd in photoshop)

Dizzy: RasterControl will let you edit what program bitmaps open in, not sure it works with linked images you will have to ask. You can find it here: Dizzy: RasterControl

3. then after saving by that application, having the preview in CD being updated, if not automatically, at least by means of a click

The Dizzy: Raster Control provides full round tripping, again not 100% that is works with linked images.

4. retains simple relative path linking to file, allowing easy, reliable, copying / transfer of files to removable media or network or drives.

Not sure I have seen one for this, but I think it would be possible to write a macro that would grab all the files that are linked. Will have to look into it.

-Shelby