OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 02-10-2003, 06:25
D_Green

Default Selection of Text off-page

As the result of of importing files (all textual details) , some of the textshapes are off-page (on Desktop layer) and even some distance from the drawing page. This text, in general, is rubbish text and not required. Whilst I have no problems in having written a macro to select / find the text on-page and then change the text properties, I am finding it problematic in making a selection of all off-page textshapes.

Is it possible / permissable to make a selection from this off-page text, that resides on the "Desktop" layer.

Thanks for any advice that may be forthcoming.

My fingers are getting sore from scratching my head !!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 06:07
jmp

Hi,

Deleting all text shapes that resides on the desktop :

Code:
ActiveDocument.Pages(0).Layers("Desktop").FindShapes(, cdrTextShape, True).Delete
But all off-page shapes are not automatically on the desktop. I have noticed that these shapes will be on the desktop after you have (added or)selected another page...

Regards,
Jean-Marie
Old 04-10-2003, 16:34
D_Green

Jean-Marie,

Many thanks, your solution is just what I was after. As I wasnt deleting the off-page textshapes, in the first instance, till after I had done a quick check of the selected textshapes, to ensure that no "real info" was being deleted, it was a case of substituting your '.delete' with '.createselection'.

ActiveDocument.Pages(0).Layers("Desktop").FindShapes(, cdrTextShape, True).Delete

ActiveDocument.Pages(0).Layers("Desktop").FindShapes(, cdrTextShape, True).CreateSelection

You are correct about these textshapes only appearing on "desktop" after adding pages etc. This poses no problems, in my case, as all my imports etc. always create a large number of pages.

Once again, many thanks for help resolve this quirky problem of mine.

Best Regards,
Denis