OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 20-07-2004, 09:58

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Problem Printing Selected Only

In CorelDraw 12 I am trying to print my selected shape only. The code looks like this:

Code:
Set s = sr.ConvertToBitmapEx(cdrRGBColorImage, False, False, 300, cdrNoAntiAliasing, False)
s.CreateSelection
ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.PageRange = prnSelection
ActiveDocument.PrintOut
When I run the code I get the following error: Nothing is selected to be printed. Check your page range and/or color seperations settings.

Any ideas on how to make this work? I stole the code from the VBA recorder and the help file doesn't have anything under prnSelection. So I am not sure if this is the correct way to use it or not.

Thanks,

Shelby
Old 20-07-2004, 11:03
Administrator

Default Re: Problem Printing Selected Only

Hmm,

That is strange. I can't check this myself, but maybe try adding DoEvents after creating the selection. I'm not sure if this is going to help, but still worth giving a try...
Old 20-07-2004, 14:20
Mark

Default Bug?

I had the same problem awhile back...just a bug in the vba i suppose..the print dialog box knows something is selected. It doesn't seem to matter what is selected either. I ended up copying it to another layer & toggling the two layers printable, printing the activedocument and then moving it back to its original layer. *sigh*
Old 20-07-2004, 17:16

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Looks like a bug

Well Alex I would have to say this is a bug. Would you like me to report it? Here is what I tried:

Code:
Set s = sr.ConvertToBitmapEx(cdrRGBColorImage, False, False, 300, cdrNormalAntiAliasing, False)
s.CreateSelection
DoEvents

ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.PageRange = 2
ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.ShowDialog
'ActiveDocument.PrintOut
I am not sure how the DoEvents works, so I don't know if that is the proper use or not.

I did add the ShowDialog to see what it said, and it shows no radial button being selected. (So that might be the problem)

Also I noticed when I was typing the line "ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.PageRange =" it does not give the choices of prnCurrentPage, prnPageRange, prnSelection, prnWholeDocument like I would expect.

I also tried changing to the numeric value of 2, just to see if that would work...and no luck. So I would have to say it is a bug, and simply doesn't work.

Shelby
Old 20-07-2004, 19:30
Administrator

Default Re: Looks like a bug

Shelby, are you sure that the recorder put ".PageRange = " in the recorded macro? Because this method is a string which takes the numbers of pages to be printed, such as:

Code:
ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.PageRange = "1,3,5-9"
to print pages 1, 3 and 5 through 9 only. However what you need is ".PrintRange = " instead:

Code:
ActiveDocument.PrintSettings.PrintRange=prnSelection
This should help...
Old 20-07-2004, 20:06
Mark

Default Code

Changed my old code up..works great. Well Shelby at least I know I'm not the only one who made the same mistake. Welcome to the "We'll never be Alex" group.