OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 04-04-2006, 17:57
CgNeophyte

Red face Absolute Corner Radius & Roundness

Hi folks,

Is there a way to set an absolute corner radius or roundness for rectangles in CorelDRAW and rectangle selections/masks in CorelPHOTO-PAINT?

The values I enter appear to be relative to the size of the object, as the radius seems to increase as the overall shape size increases.

For example, I'd like to set the corner radius to 10 pixels and have the radius stay exactly 10 pixels as I increase the width of the rectangle from 100 pixels to 480 pixels.

The closest I can get to this in CorelDRAW is by filleting the rectangle corners with no rounding. This works fine but it would be easier if I could do this as I'm creating the rectangle. In PHOTO-PAINT I can smooth the rectangle selection/mask outline but the corners are not anti-aliased.

Any suggestions on how to workaround this or if I'm going about this the wrong way?

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2006, 10:02
sallybode

Default Node Editing to the Rescue

The fact is that by changing to curves, you can use the node editing tool and grab the four edit handles you need to move in a marquis and then when you move one node, all that are selected will move with it.

This change effects the width or height but not both and the corners stay the same.

Or you can make the rectangle the size you like it an then apply fillet & round or manually make your own and subtract the overlap with the line segment delete tool, group and combine on the line to make it one piece again.

My choice for ease of use, is the top answer.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgNeophyte
Hi folks,

Is there a way to set an absolute corner radius or roundness for rectangles in CorelDRAW and rectangle selections/masks in CorelPHOTO-PAINT?

The values I enter appear to be relative to the size of the object, as the radius seems to increase as the overall shape size increases.

For example, I'd like to set the corner radius to 10 pixels and have the radius stay exactly 10 pixels as I increase the width of the rectangle from 100 pixels to 480 pixels.

The closest I can get to this in CorelDRAW is by filleting the rectangle corners with no rounding. This works fine but it would be easier if I could do this as I'm creating the rectangle. In PHOTO-PAINT I can smooth the rectangle selection/mask outline but the corners are not anti-aliased.

Any suggestions on how to workaround this or if I'm going about this the wrong way?

Thanks!
VBA createRectangle has the support to set exact radii in your chosen units.
Old 05-04-2006, 13:40
CgNeophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybode
Or you can make the rectangle the size you like it an then apply fillet & round...
I think this is the method that works best for me, I was just hoping there was a way to do this prior to or as I'm creating the rectangle. It's not like I loose time doing it the way you mentioned anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks wOxxOm, I'll have to spend some time with VBA and check that out.
Old 05-04-2006, 20:30
sallybode

Default Keyboard shortcuts

If there is a macro you use alot, make a keyboard shortcut for it, it is so convenient and you don't have to go through the normal rigamarole to get from A to B.

The amount of time it takes to set up the keyboard shortcut saves a ton more of time than the effort it took to set it up.

Plus, if you forget what the shortcuts are, you can print them out and the custom shortcuts are on the top of the list as welll as what they are for.

That is very cool.
Old 11-04-2006, 18:51
CgNeophyte

Cool. Thank for the tips sallybode!