OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 10-02-2004, 07:58
jmp

Default CorelDraw12 CommandBars and VGCore library

Hi all,

when, inside the Corel VBA object browser, I am clicking on the "CommandBars" class, I'll get the following error message :

"Cannot jump to 'CommandBars' because it is in the library 'VGCore' which is not currently referenced."

How can I reference this library ?

Thanks per advance !

Regards,
Jean-Marie
Old 10-02-2004, 08:26
Administrator

Default Re: CorelDraw12 CommandBars and VGCore library

Jean-Marie,

You need to add a reference to "Corel - Vector Graphics Core 12.0 Type Library". However this isn't needed to use those objects (however CommandBars and such hasn't changed much since Draw 10. But there were a few changes, most importantly - the ability to add a button to a toolbar

VGCore library contains all the methods and properties shared between CorelDRAW and CorelDESIGNER, so it allows the user to create a macro which will run equally well under both Draw and Designer. However the standard Draw (and Designer) type libraries referenced by the respective applications by default have some application-specific objects and methods not available in the other app.

Normally you don't have to reference the VGCore library because all its functionality is available through the main application type library. You still can use the classes defined in VGCore only even though the library is not referenced explicitly. Granted, you can't browse them in Object Browser but you will still get the intellisense prompts from VBA.

I hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:29
jmp

Hi Alex,

thanks for the explanations and ... for the good news : we can now add a button to a toolbar ! I'll try it at home

Best regards,

Jean-Marie