OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 17-08-2010, 17:19

Default Runtime Error 6 / Overflow

I created myself a macro using Alex's RecreateCurve code he posted awhile back. See this thread: http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthr...light=recreate

I created a form with 12 command buttons, each button for a different simple 60 degree shape. I.E. when you click the button it creates the shape and centers it on the page. Quite simple with Alex's code and it really saves me a lot of time!

However, occasionally I get this error when I click a button: "Runtime Error 6/Overflow." It does not happen often, and I cannot seem to replicate it consistently. It's not just a certain button either, because sometimes if I click another button and then go back to the first one that brought on the error it works fine. I am wondering what might be causing this?? Any thoughts, suggestions? If you need to see a sample .gms, let me know and I can post it later.

Patti
Old 17-08-2010, 18:49

Hi.
This could be happening when you are passing a value or object to a function and the value is not set.
Example: You have to have something selected in order to run the macro. Selected item also passed to function.
Make sure all of your variables are being set.

-John
Old 17-08-2010, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by runflacruiser View Post
Hi.
This could be happening when you are passing a value or object to a function and the value is not set.
Example: You have to have something selected in order to run the macro. Selected item also passed to function.
Make sure all of your variables are being set.

-John
Nothing has to be selected. All you do is click a button and it creates the shape.

I finally was able to get the error again. When I click Debug it goes to this lines in Alex's code:

Code:
Private Function HexVal(ByVal strHex) As Long
    HexVal = Val("&h" & strHex)
End Function
I'm wondering if I need to break up some of the string codes onto separate lines with the & _ Shelby suggested. Although when it works, the shapes are created just fine. ???

Patti