OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 28-09-2005, 10:46
excessiveforce

Default Uniform Resize Feature

Since I work in the sign industry, I make drill and bolt patterns with various sizes of holes is Corel. What I would like is to be able to select all of the drill holes at once and resize each one to the same size instead of clicking on each circle and typing in the dimensions. Is there anyway to create a Macro that would let me do this?
Old 28-09-2005, 12:01

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

Without actually writing a macro for you (unless you would like me to), I would start with selecting a hole of the size you want to change then run the macro. The macro itself would present you with a dialog asking for the new size, then take the size of the original selection and find all objects of the same type and size and resize them individually.

I assume that if you had a 2mm circle and wanted to change to 4mm, that all of the 2mm circles in the page or document would be the ones you want to change, or just certain ones?
Old 28-09-2005, 18:42
excessiveforce

Thats exactly it. I have channel letters of varying sizes but the drill holes need to stay exactly the same place and need to be the same size. I would simply like to resize the entire graphic to whatever size I would like and be able to select all the drill holes at once and resize them to the size I want. The only thing I can do at this point is resize my graphic, click on a drill hole, type in whatever size I need press enter and repeat for each hole. It is just a time consuming task that is annoying when you have a sign that says something like
Rite Aid Pharmacy, has atleast 4 drill holes per letter and is resized about 6 times.
Old 30-09-2005, 08:14
excessiveforce

Nice. Thank you for that.