OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 28-10-2008, 13:51

Default GMS File Updater

Hey everyone,
I'm curious if there is an easy way to go about updating gms files via a server location, or if this is even the most best way to keep GMS up to date?

We have a number of users with all the same GMS files. Whenever I make a minor modification, I have to recopy the GMS to all the users machines.

I'm wondering if anyone has a way to create a GMS file, or something similar that would check a path on a server for a specific file, if the file on the server is newer than the file on the computer, it'll make a copy to the machine, close Corel and restart it!

Is this the best way... or can anyone offer any better suggestions to make a easily deployable GMS file?

Any input is appreciated!

B
Old 29-10-2008, 12:50

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

A while back I asked this same question of Os. His answer was to use Junction. It is a simple EXE that you run from the run menu. I used it to link my X4 GMS folder to my X3 GMS folder. That way when ever I changed a macro in either version it was updated on both automatically. The process is really simple. Rename the users current GMS folders to something like "~GMS" Then run the Junction.exe from each users terminal. For my purposes it was...

c:\junction "C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\Draw\GMS" "C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 13\Draw\GMS"

Notice I placed the junction.exe file in my root C:\
Basically it tells the computer to create a junction folder at X4 and use the X3 folder as the master. Your paths would change obviously, but I think this is your best bet to keep everyone up-to-date.

You can download junction.exe from Microsoft web site.