OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 05-05-2014, 18:06

Default Sharpen Corners and Accelerate Nudge

Hey Everyone, been ages since I have been in here... even longer since I have played around with macros in Corel. I hope everyone is well!

Quick question... I am trying to convert several users from Flexi to Corel, and they are missing two tools in Corel that they use quite frequently in Flexi.

Does anyone know of a macro, or a direction to take, to sharpen corners? Take any two paths or line segments that are curved, and clicking a button straightens the path. Think a square with radius corners, and it removes the radius and makes them straight again. In Flexi I believe it's called corner sharpener or something of the sort...

The other is the accelerated nudge. The longer they hold an arrow, the faster the object moves.

Anyone know of something existing that does this, or can point me where to start building out a macro?

Thanks,
Brock
Old 08-05-2014, 06:56

accelerated nudge you can get by pressing shift+arrow key
to sharpen corners you can press Shape Tool, select needed nodes and press Convert Curve To Line on the Property Bar
Old 12-05-2014, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
accelerated nudge you can get by pressing shift+arrow key
to sharpen corners you can press Shape Tool, select needed nodes and press Convert Curve To Line on the Property Bar
Thanks for the answer, but neither of those two things are what I am looking for...

In Flexi, the longer you hold the arrow key in any direction, the faster it will move to object... it's not a static distance. Holding shift only doubles the distance of the nudge dimension.

For the sharpen corner, please see the attached. I am quite familiar with the functions of Corel, but what you have mentioned is not what I am looking for. Perhaps I didn't didn't explain well... so see the attached image.
Attached Images

Old 13-05-2014, 06:21

hi
try "Shelby's Live Fillet / Scallop / Chamfer" to make sharp corners
Old 13-05-2014, 14:47

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Shelby's Live Fillet / Scallop / Chamfer

Sorry Shelby's Live Fillet / Scallop / Chamfer will not do this one.

-Shelby
Old 13-05-2014, 15:49

I'm curious what use accelerate nudge is. Sound like more of a hindrance to me. I usually want to move objects by their own width or height and have macros for that.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:04

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Sharpen Nodes

For anyone that is looking for a way to bring the nodes to a point I have created a new macro. It is available here:

Shelby's Sharpen Nodes

Have fun with it.

-Shelby