OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 08-10-2003, 15:41
Administrator

Default Draw 12 VBA: Preliminary changes

As promised earlier, here are some of planned changes to CorelDRAW 12 Object Model. The set of new methods and classes are not final yet and can change at any time before release but I guess this would be a good starting point for a discussion.

The attached document is the difference between Draw 11 and the future Draw 12 object models. In my opinion, the most significant change is a complete redesign of events.

Now Application object has a set of its own events as well as Document. The GMS project (GlobalMacroStorage) has the same events as the application. Document events such as ShapeTransform, ShapeChange, etc are to be fired when a shape is stretched, rotated or when its fill, outline or other properties are changed.

There are several new "Query" events which are sent before operations such as Save, Print, Export, Quit and a VBA macro can respond to the request and cancel it if desired.

Some of the suggestions expressed in the forums here are also on the to-do list: loading/saving template documents (.cdt), OLE object type support with a whole bunch of methods and properties.

Other notable changes are SelectableShapes collection on Document, Page and Layer includes all the shapes which are currently visible on the screen and can be selected (e.g. not locked, are on visible and editable layers, etc).

Support for Align/Distribute is also to be added.

So, run through the attached document and please post your suggestions and/or comments. If you think that something important is missing, let's hear it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Draw11-12.zip (6.8 KB, 718 views)
Old 17-10-2003, 15:41
Administrator

Default Re: Draw 12 VBA: Preliminary changes

I'm just curious if anybody cares to comment? If there is something that you think can be changed/improved in Draw 12 it may not be too late yet. But the longer it takes to submit your suggestion, the less chance there is to get them implemented...
Old 18-10-2003, 06:16
jmp

Hi Alex,

I recall you my wishes :
1) controling Corel Barcode by VBA
2) adding, removing, modifying toolbars & menus by code (like Office does)
3) the Bitmap.LinkFileName property is read only : why not a read/write property ? (this way, I could modify the path of the target images by code) ...
4) until now, the Document.BeforeClose event fires only if Document.Dirty is False

I guess (1) will be achieved by OLE objects (?!), but I don't see anything for the other punts, alas...
A good punt though : it seems CorelScript class is preserved !

Regards,
Jean-Marie