OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 27-09-2006, 15:16

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Visual Basic 2005

Thanks to Alex's wonderful example I have been able to create my first VB program for CorelDRAW X3. Works well, and I am excited to play some more with it.

So my next question is does anyone have an example of how to support more then one version of CorelDRAW. I would like my program to work for CorelDRAW 11 - X3.

Any help would be great,

Shelby
Old 18-10-2006, 19:59

Default Multiple Draw Versions

Shelby,

This is a start and an idea...

You can use Set DrawApp = CreateObject("CorelDraw.Automation." & CVersion) where CVersion is the version of Corel you want to use. When you do it that way you do not want to set any hard references to the Corel Library. The downside is you will not get any context sensitive code help in your project.

I did it that for a along time, but now am doing it a different way which I like better.

I am now just creating a generic EXE and then creating separate COM DLL's for each version of Draw. Makes it easier to support past and future versions of DRAW without having to write a ton of version specific code in the main EXE. You can also run the DLL's from within a VBA macro.

I'm doing it this way...

Code:
Dim Plugin As Object

Set Plugin= CreateObject("MyDll" & CVersion & ".Plugin")
Plugin.MyClass
Set Plugin = Nothing
Steve
Old 19-10-2006, 11:26

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Multiple Draw Versions

Man I wish I could borrow your brain for a week. Some of this is so far over my head. Not sure I understood everything you said, but it gives me a direction. THANKS for the time to post.

Shelby
Old 21-10-2006, 16:00

Default ...

Don't know dude, looks like you are getting pretty good at this stuff. I might need to borrow yours.

There is only one King and we all know who that is.
Old 21-10-2006, 19:50

Default King Alex

That we do...That we do...

Shelby
Old 03-11-2006, 21:30

Default EXE COM DLLs

I still don't understand exactly what you are doing Steve. If you get some time, maybe you could post a sample solution or a little more detail of what you are creating were and how. Thanks again, I really am starting to get into this VB 2005.

Shelby